Overnight in the smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well I’m doing a little cooking tonight ;) ….I have my FF draft tomorrow so I decided to give the rest of the team owners a treat…I’m doing two butts and a brisket on the WSM…..using Hickory and Cherry…I changed up my rub a little for the butts…instead of Brown Sugar I added Granulated Maple sugar….the Brisket was marinade in a weep nip of Guinness some chipotles and cider vinegar and oil….and the rubbed down…I also made up a batch of sauce today…..it’s the Bastard Child of KC style and hot NC style….I used some of the smoked peppers I made a while back to give it the zing…I might also whip up a batch of Jack’s Gold later….finished pics in the am

wittdog said:
Well I’m doing a little cooking tonight ;) ….I have my FF draft tomorrow so I decided to give the rest of the team owners a treat…I’m doing two butts and a brisket on the WSM…..using Hickory and Cherry…I changed up my rub a little for the butts…instead of Brown Sugar I added Granulated Maple sugar….the Brisket was marinade in a weep nip of Guinness some chipotles and cider vinegar and oil….and the rubbed down…I also made up a batch of sauce today…..it’s the Bastard Child of KC style and hot NC style….I used some of the smoked peppers I made a while back to give it the zing…I might also whip up a batch of Jack’s Gold later….finished pics in the am

exactly, no need to stay up all night for that...have a cold one for me dog :LOL:

4 hours in to the cook and the internal temp is at 150* right where it's supposed to be..the WSM is chugging along nicely...I walked outside and could smell the smoke...Yum

The mrs. pulled the meat off while I was sleeping :oops: pics to come later....the WSM ran all night with out any problems the Maverick went off once at 5:30 for the shake down the grate and add a little more water at the the 12hr mark.

Well got the brisket all done and ready to go……man it tastes awesome…I’m really happy with it. I’ll try to get the pics of the pork later…..the draft has been moved to my house so there is a lot of frantic activity going on..

Here is a pic of the one butt..no time to get the other…the brisket was awesome the butts were average flavor wise…….I did them like I normally do……..it might be that we are starting to get porked out? We will be serving this with slaw, my chiplolte BBQ sauce, some of Jacks Gold and SBR…

there was two more pics of the brisket I don't know where they went

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":31eb2pq5]Good looking grub Dave! Wish I was in that FFL with you to enjoy that Q!

No you don't.[/quote:31eb2pq5]

Dagnabbit Muskee! :scratch

The Q was a big hit and so was the sauce....I bastardized John Pens recipe with some of the chipolte peppers I smoked and Jack's Gold was as always worth it's weight in gold...I got a couple of offers to cater and some of the guys wanted to buy the sauce....

wittdog said:
The Q was a big hit and so was the sauce....I bastardized John Pens recipe with some of the chipolte peppers I smoked and Jack's Gold was as always worth it's weight in gold...I got a couple of offers to cater and some of the guys wanted to buy the sauce....

Isn't it a kick when they say that? :LOL: Everyone I let taste my sauce always says... "How much for a bottle?" :LOL: 8)

Good looking food Dave. Looks very tasty. :D

It is easy to get Porked when you are the one doing the cooking.

You have to taste everything and don't realize just how much you actually eat. ;)

Back
Top Bottom