Chicken Leg Quarters, Corn on the Cob and Grilled Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Chiavetta’s Chicken Let Quarters, Corn on the Cob, and Baked Potato on the Ranch Kettle.

Marinated 5 chicken leg quarters in Chiavetta’s Barbeque Marinade for 3 hours. Fired up the Ranch Kettle with 1 full chimney of new Kingsford spread out a bit after being lit. Put the chicken and 3 Idaho potatoes on, turning and basting the chicken every 10 minutes, direct cooked. Added a packet of sugar maple pellets on the coals at the 1st turn. Fresh corn on the cob bought at a farmers market today soaked in cold water for 1 hour and went on the fringe of direct cooking at the 30-minute mark. 2 of the leg quarters came off at the 40-minute mark and the rest at 50 minutes. Corn and potatoes came off at 60 minutes.

With the coals being spread out a bit, they cooled off quicker than I like. Chicken was great but the potatoes and corn would have benefited from a hotter fire or a longer cook. This was the best Chiavetta’s chicken I’ve made to date!

Joke

That looks great. I fled the midwest summers 36 years ago. The only thing I miss is the sweet corn.

Griff

Food looks great Bill. Little bit too much glare off the table in that one photo.
Perhaps a slide show next time. :( :( :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom