Emerilware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I was just traveling up in Holland, Mi and had occasion to do some shopping for our 21st anniversary. My wife had been wanting some stainless steel cookware and I was near a Bed Bath and Beyond so I went in. I really ( I mean she really) wanted All-Clad, but it was $600/set. The Emerilware, which is private labeled by All Clad, is equal in all outward physical appearance and heft. And, it was only $200/set. I bought it! Anybody have any experience with it?

I have SS pots and sauce pans and really like them but I refuse to use a SS Skillet! I hate them!! I don't like the heat distrubution or the clean up. I'll either use my cast iron skillet or my Calphalon NS skillet.

We have the Wolfgang Puck Bistro set...probably similar to Emril. IT is great...You only need to have the stove on Med-high heat to get it really hot in the pan. Then, make sure you add a nice little layer of EVOO before you cook and clean up is pretty easy.

My directions say to let the pan heat up first, then add the oil and let that heat and then add the food...uh, OK!??

Oh, by the way, never cook anything in it and tell people here that you did...you'll never hear the end of it!! :)

Greg Rempe said:
We have the Wolfgang Puck Bistro set...probably similar to Emril. IT is great...You only need to have the stove on Med-high heat to get it really hot in the pan. Then, make sure you add a nice little layer of EVOO before you cook and clean up is pretty easy.

My directions say to let the pan heat up first, then add the oil and let that heat and then add the food...uh, OK!??

Oh, by the way, never cook anything in it and tell people here that you did...you'll never hear the end of it!! :)

Frugal Gourmet: " Hot pan, cold oil. Food won't stick."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom