Ok Guys... Gimme a price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
I have been asked to do food for an event in September for 75-80 people. (contractor types)

Pulled pork (reheated on site)
Chicken (legs and thighs cooked on site)
Cole Slaw
Beans
Buns
Dessert (probably costco cake)

and.. I suppose I will be doing plates and utensils. They will be providing drinks.

ok... now... let me add this bit of information. This is for the local chapter of the Association of General Contractors of which the firm I work for is a member. AND.. in previous years another member has done steak sandwhiches on their large grill which they will be doing again this year.. so there will be other food there.

So.. what do you guys think would be fair pricing?

I say stick to your price sheet Gary. I think those are very reasonable prices. And let me know if you need a hand.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I say stick to your price sheet Gary. I think those are very reasonable prices. And let me know if you need a hand.

Are you kidding me??? Where was my offer last weekend? You sorry Son of a Biscuit Eater! 8-[

Bill The Grill Guy said:

problem is that it doesnt really follow my standard pricing and they are having other food, only 2 sides, and they are doing their own drinks. I am figuring my actual cost to be around 250 bucks which is just over 3 bucks a person for 80 people... so I figure 750-800 bucks gets me a profit of $500.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":353uuncf]I say stick to your price sheet Gary. I think those are very reasonable prices. And let me know if you need a hand.

Are you kidding me??? Where was my offer last weekend? You sorry Son of a Biscuit Eater! 8-[[/quote:353uuncf]

Larry, in all honesty... I think he is afraid of this......

Captain Morgan said:
If Larry comes, know these things.

1. You will need more beer.

2. You will need to keep a clear path to the porta johns for his
wheelchair.

3. You will need to make sure you don't have pans and things hanging
from your tent, so as not to bang into his giant neanderthal aqua-
noggin.

4. You will need more beer.

5. Around midnight, when everyone is getting sleepy and you're
talking about taking shifts to stay awake, Larry will already be
in a hotel asleep.

6. Larry drinks beer for breakfast. You will need more beer.

7. In the unfortunate event that Larry has a restroom emergency,
he expects you to help him "clean up".

8. After that, he's thirsty. Have plenty of beer.

:lmao:

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":yi5yred2][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":yi5yred2]I say stick to your price sheet Gary. I think those are very reasonable prices. And let me know if you need a hand.

Are you kidding me??? Where was my offer last weekend? You sorry Son of a Biscuit Eater! 8-[[/quote:yi5yred2]

Larry, in all honesty... I think he is afraid of this......

Captain Morgan said:
If Larry comes, know these things.

1. You will need more beer.

2. You will need to keep a clear path to the porta johns for his
wheelchair.

3. You will need to make sure you don't have pans and things hanging
from your tent, so as not to bang into his giant neanderthal aqua-
noggin.

4. You will need more beer.

5. Around midnight, when everyone is getting sleepy and you're
talking about taking shifts to stay awake, Larry will already be
in a hotel asleep.

6. Larry drinks beer for breakfast. You will need more beer.

7. In the unfortunate event that Larry has a restroom emergency,
he expects you to help him "clean up".

8. After that, he's thirsty. Have plenty of beer.

:lmao:[/quote:yi5yred2]

I don't see the humor! [-X

Guys, this is the Catering Corner....must we talk about Larry's bathroom problems here?

Bruce B said:
Guys, this is the Catering Corner....must we talk about Larry's bathroom problems here?

Gee Dad... Larry started it. I was just talkin catering.. and Bill said he would help me.. .and then Larry got upset... and I was just sayin.. cause Cappie said Larry had problems... and well.. you know.. 8-[

I'd charge at least $12.00 /person, but that is up here. Actually, for less than 250, I'd charge $15. I guess you need to decide :

1) How much do you want the job?
2) What will you be happy with?

I won't take a job for less than $1000.

Back
Top Bottom