Early Morning Brisket Call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
6:00am Brisket Call this morning. Put about a 10# full packer on the WSM this morning, using Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal with oak and hickory for smoke.

Trimmed and rubbed it with a little worsty sauce and Billy Bones Beef Master Dry Rub. It sat in the fridge overnight and I hit it with another light shot of rub this morning. Looking forward to a nice day in the smoke. Progress reports and pictures throughout the day.

Where's my beer.......

Bruce B said:
6:00am Brisket Call this morning. Put about a 10# full packer on the WSM this morning, using Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal with oak and hickory for smoke.

Trimmed and rubbed it with a little worsty sauce and Billy Bones Beef Master Dry Rub. It sat in the fridge overnight and I hit it with another light shot of rub this morning. Looking forward to a nice day in the smoke. Progress reports and pictures throughout the day.

Where's my beer.......

In the fridge. Sheesh! :)

With a bit of arm twisting,I would have gambled with my own personal saftey and made the trip to Utica to help with that extensive and sometimes tricky cook.

And drink all of your'e beer :!:

wittdog said:
Come on Bruce aren't we about do for a progress report? Did Puff make it out of the mile?
Never recieved the invite :-(
He must not want "my" kind up in "God's Country" :)
He might have passed out from the heat, it's pretty hot here today.

Or passed out from the beer :!:

Damn, what a bunch of slave drivers.

At 2:45p the flat hit 197 in a couple different places so I took it off and removed the point. The point came off just about in my hand and barely had to use a knife. The point only registered 174 so I put that back on the WSM and raised the temp a bit.

I double wrapped the flat and it has been resting comfortably in a cooler, fat side up, since about 3pm.

The point hit 195 at 4:15p, took it off and brought it in and diced it in 1/2" x 1/2" squares, used some Head Country sauce on some, wife used KC (whatelse), and ate some without the sauce. It was extremely tender and flavorful. I actually enjoyed it more without sauce.

Right now I'm in the process of cleaning up and then I'll download a few pictures. Won't have any brisket flat pics until after dinner...sorry.

Puff said:
wittdog said:
Come on Bruce aren't we about do for a progress report? Did Puff make it out of the mile?

I'm sorry Puff, I didn't think you were serious, I figured you were just making conversation and that you might be working today....but the more I think about it...Warren, guy named Puff, job...no, it's not adding up.

:grin: :grin:

Next time the beer's on me, sorry 'bout that. Wife had a house full of kids today, it wouldn't have been a good any who.

Bruce B said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:

I'm sorry Puff, I didn't think you were serious, I figured you were just making conversation and that you might be working today....but the more I think about it...Warren, guy named Puff, job...no, it's not adding up.

Next time the beer's on me, sorry 'bout that. Wife had a house full of kids today, it wouldn't have been a good any who.
You know i'm right on the border of Eastpointe :)
Of course I was serious, i've been playing Mr.Mom for 2 day's now :eek:
I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND!
Looking forward to the pics :!:

Puff said:
Bruce B said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:

You know i'm right on the border of Eastpointe :)
Of course I was serious, i've been playing Mr.Mom for 2 day's now :eek:
I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND!
Looking forward to the pics :!:

Damn, you could have brought your kids along also Puff!

Bruce B said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:

Bruce what would be one more child?

I come to you all in shame as a failure :-( , although doing everything I thought was right yesterday, it didn't turn out right at all. #-o Unwrapped the flat and went to pick it up out of the foil and it didn't feel as tender as I thought it should. [-o<

As I began to slice it the small pieces toward the end were very tender, as I got to the bigger slices, it wasn't tender at all. :) Another interesting observation...no smoke ring :eek: I have no idea why there wsn't one but I'm pissed :-X

Brisket is the only thing that I have tried cooking on the WSM that I feel I haven't "nailed" yet and it's starting to worry me. I was so pissed and ashamed I didn't even take any pictures, except those of the burnt ends which I must say turned out great. :D

I'll get those loaded today, but now I'm headed out to Bass Pro, and to do some shopping for the weeked. SORRY GUYS!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom