Would some of you test this please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burnt Food Dude said:
You can cook the ribs with dry heat also. You don't need the water. Water is used in a lot of bullet smokers to help regulate the heat of the cooker. With a gasser you have a built in adjustment for your heat.

Not sure why, but I think there is an interraction between the smoke and the humidity to creat a deeper smoke ring and more of a bacon flavor when you use water with this method. Besides, the =water helps stabilize and moderate the heat. I need to do more testing.

I see you're in Alsip and have a cookoff June 17. Maybe I should bring my gasser and test this method on the judges...

Burnt Food Dude said:
Meathead said:
[quote="Burnt Food Dude":27z1zct7]You can cook the ribs with dry heat also. You don't need the water. Water is used in a lot of bullet smokers to help regulate the heat of the cooker. With a gasser you have a built in adjustment for your heat.

Not sure why, but I think there is an interraction between the smoke and the humidity to creat a deeper smoke ring and more of a bacon flavor when you use water with this method. Besides, the =water helps stabilize and moderate the heat. I need to do more testing.

I see you're in Alsip and have a cookoff June 17. Maybe I should bring my gasser and test this method on the judges...

Missed you at Alsip.

I came in third. Of course there were only three of us cooking. They said they wanted 10 bones for the judges. So I gave them 10 bones. They never said there had to be meat on them. Maybe I could have came in first if I put meat on the bones.[/quote:27z1zct7]
Now that there is funny!! :grin: :grin:

Back
Top Bottom