Well, I'm actually Cooking this weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I dragged the old pit out of the garage and I am cooking for about 40 folks at my house this Saturday. It is supposed to be 55 and rainy but I have committed! The local newspaper is doing an article on my oddessy into BBQ and they need live photos. Plus, a guy I met in the airport back in February has commissioned me to do a brisket and three racks of babybacks. He usually mail orders from New Braunfels Smokehouse, but wants me to make some fresh! Bet he likes it better? It feels good to be prepping for a big cook again! I'll put the meat on around 11:00 pm FRiday night.I got some cigars and a buddy is coming over to do the vigile with me. He is a drunk so we'll just have alot of coffee and Rock Stars! I'm doing 3 briskets, 11 racks of ribs (mostly spares) , three butts, baked beans and slaw. I made 7 gallons of sauce Wednesday (it'll keep for MONTHS!) I'll try to remember to take photos. Anyone here who can make it over, feel free! Woody

Dave, I'll be kind of doing the same. I have a party for 30 Saturday afternoon. Cooking a case of butts, 18 slabs of loin back ribs and grilling some chicken. Some of the leftover food is going on Sunday to the Lake Placid contest organizing committee and the rest goes to the screen printer for the new tee shirts for this season, the girls want tank tops.

Next week is the annual cook for Doylestown Country Club, 12 butts, case of briskets and 50 slabs of spares. The ribs are cooked at the club the day before the Bristol contest.

Rich Decker

Rich Decker said:
Dave, I'll be kind of doing the same. I have a party for 30 Saturday afternoon. Cooking a case of butts, 18 slabs of loin back ribs and grilling some chicken. Some of the leftover food is going on Sunday to the Lake Placid contest organizing committee and the rest goes to the screen printer for the new tee shirts for this season, the girls want tank tops.

Next week is the annual cook for Doylestown Country Club, 12 butts, case of briskets and 50 slabs of spares. The ribs are cooked at the club the day before the Bristol contest.

Rich Decker

How do you know there will be ANY LEFTOVER food?
Maybe every one on Saturday will gobble it all up!?!?!?
:grin: :grin: :grin:

How do you know there will be ANY LEFTOVER food?
Maybe every one on Saturday will gobble it all up!?!?!?
:grin: :grin: :grin:[/quote]

My deal is for 30 adults; 8 pounds cooked pork, 7 slabs ribs and 15 pieces of chicken with sides, slaw and beans and paper goods.Delivered to Colchester, $300 cash.

Puff said:
john pen said:
Woodman said:
He is a drunk so we'll just have alot of coffee and Rock Stars!

Rock stars ? Please explain...
My name is Debbie, I used to be a "rock star"

I wish I was Kelly :-(

She's fat.... and ugly.

Stop doing all these lame OFF TOPIC posts woodcha?
:eek:fftop: :eek:fftop: :eek:fftop: :eek:fftop: :eek:fftop:

This is about Woody and his "oddessy into BBQ".

Besides the food Dave.... What's on the stogie menu?

Rich Decker said:

Rich Decker
We want pics of the girls in tank tops. :eek:

Finney said:
Rich Decker said:

Rich Decker

What if they're "Beefy"? :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Rich Decker":1dijxo3r]Dave, I'll be kind of doing the same. I have a party for 30 Saturday afternoon. Cooking a case of butts, 18 slabs of loin back ribs and grilling some chicken. Some of the leftover food is going on Sunday to the Lake Placid contest organizing committee and the rest goes to the screen printer for the new tee shirts for this season, the girls want tank tops.

Rich Decker

What if they're "Beefy"? :eek:[/quote:1dijxo3r]
For the pics I've seen... they're not. Rich, if any of them are... don't post those pics. 8-[

Just built a fire in my auxilliary firepit. Had to burn all the magnolia trimmings from last fall in my "recreational fire." :!: Got some apple on it right now. The punky stuff I don't want for cooking. I'm going to fire up the pit at 9:00, put the briskets on at 11:00 . Butts at mid-night. Got a buddy coming over and have some good African Kitama brewing to enjoy with a couple Padron Anniversaire 64 Diplomaticos while we listen to the Cavs (who are themselves getting smoked right now) and then the Indians at Seattle at 10:00! I have some Slovacek's Texas Hot Links for a snack. Slather them with some Texas Pepper Jelly Peach Habanero and gently wrap them in a flour tortilla and we just might be livin! More updates to come! Woodreaux

Finney said:
Rich Decker said:

Rich Decker

We're still waiting for pics of your neighbor!!!!

Woodman said:
Just built a fire in my auxilliary firepit. Had to burn all the magnolia trimmings from last fall in my "recreational fire." :!: Got some apple on it right now. The punky stuff I don't want for cooking. I'm going to fire up the pit at 9:00, put the briskets on at 11:00 . Butts at mid-night. Got a buddy coming over and have some good African Kitama brewing to enjoy with a couple Padron Anniversaire 64 Diplomaticos while we listen to the Cavs (who are themselves getting smoked right now) and then the Indians at Seattle at 10:00! I have some Slovacek's Texas Hot Links for a snack. Slather them with some Texas Pepper Jelly Peach Habanero and gently wrap them in a flour tortilla and we just might be livin! More updates to come! Woodreaux
Now that sounds like some fun :!: :(

Back
Top Bottom