Question about a fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allisonandrews

Senior Cook
We are wanting to add a fryer to our cooker. We have plenty of room on the trailer for it. In the past, we have looked at turkey fryers, but have never purchased one based on their expense and the fact that we are yet to be the family picked to cook the turkey. With the smoker, I know we will want to be able to cook fish as we often camp at the lake. I personally do not like fish much, but I will sample fried occasionally. We would also be using it for fries, etc.

Is there a fryer that would be able to cook all of this - the turkey, fish, and fries? Is there a pot that you could buy to turn a typical fish fryer into a 'turkey fryer' and just keep it with you?

Sorry if I am not being clear. We would like a fryer that will run off of propane. We would like to be able to fry a variety of things in it. It seems like the turkey pots would be too tall for fish or fries and the fish setups would not be large enough for a turkey. Do any setups allow you to do this?

If you don't know of any that fit the bill, do you have any suggestions of one that would work for fish and fries (this will be used much more often than the turkey) and that is fairly inexpensive.

Also, any dos or don'ts about mounting it on the trailer? Would it be better just to store it and sit it on the trailer each time we needed to use it?

Thanks!!

Walmart sells King Kookers and (I think) Bayou Classic. Both are good brands. Both companies sell high and low pressure burners for all applications. You might be able to find a double burner unit with one of each. I think they also have some 'kits' that have a large pot for turkey frying or shrimp boils and a fish fry pan.
Home Depot sells Bayou Classic also.

Thanks.

They have a Lowes and a Home Depot in a town about 40 minutes away. I wonder if it would be worth the drive to go there and see about more selection.

I guess I will just check our Wall-World first and see what kind of setups they have.

Thank you all for your replies.

Yeah, that is where I have been looking. You just have to watch the shipping charges.

I'm guessing that if I got a 'turkey fryer', I could probably just buy another pot for the fish. I think it would be easier to find the pot for the fish than a pot for the turkey.

This is one that I am sort of looking at. I have free shipping at Amazon right now. This one is 49.99.

B0000BXHL0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The fryers at Walmart will probably do fine. A few years ago they had a Murray brand for 29.00. It included a fish fryer pot. I have a home made one, King Kooker (maybe misspelled), and some other brand. Buy the one with the turkey pot.

I've fried turkey's for years now here is a site I wrote a few years back on how I fry turkeys. I use the turkey pot that came with my last burner now.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1231/Turkey.htm

cleglue said:
The fryers at Walmart will probably do fine. A few years ago they had a Murray brand for 29.00. It included a fish fryer pot. I have a home made one, King Kooker (maybe misspelled), and some other brand. Buy the one with the turkey pot.

I've fried turkey's for years now here is a site I wrote a few years back on how I fry turkeys. I use the turkey pot that came with my last burner now.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1231/Turkey.htm

I read your article way back when. :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom