Rib Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kinda camera did you get?

IMHO, The ribs look kinda dark to me, but it may be that there needed to be some more light in the room when taking the pics. As long as they tasted good to you, then that's all that matters.

There's a couple of us that are into digital photography, and know some cool tricks. If you need some help PM me.

Regardless... Way to go on a scrumptious cook !

=D> =D> =D>

wdroller said:
ScottyDaQ said:
There's a couple of us that are into digital photography, and know some cool tricks. If you need some help PM me...

They were really not that dark. I think the foil background may have caused the underexposure of the meat. Not sure. Just thinking it may have. And, truthfully, picture taking was not foremost in my mind at this point.

The camera used was a Nikon digital I got for my wife to use on a trip we took to Italy. I refuse to give up my F2, so this digital stuff is all new for me. I'll remember your kind offer of help. Thanks.

I didn't mean to imply that the food was ... off. You're probably right.... The CMOS sensor or ICD most likely picked up up the foil and set the ap for that.

If you haven't used a digital before... and are used to a SLR. There IS a learning curve. Of course, it depends on the model that you got.
Which model did you get?

Larry Wolfe said:
Will Ya'll please speak English!
LOL! The camera's flash was highly reflective off of parts of the foil and caused the camera to darken the picture in an effort to even the brightness across the picture. Ever take a pic at the beach toward the surf while the sun is shining? Same results. :(

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ykp2wasy]Will Ya'll please speak English!
LOL! The camera's flash was highly reflective off of parts of the foil and caused the camera to darken the picture in an effort to even the brightness across the picture. Ever take a pic at the beach toward the surf while the sun is shining? Same results. :([/quote:ykp2wasy]

Happens to me all the time when the finished pics are taken after dark.

Looked good, I never used to use foil, those look real tender & moist :(
What temp & time did you have them cooking for?

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3rcicikh]Will Ya'll please speak English!
LOL! The camera's flash was highly reflective off of parts of the foil and caused the camera to darken the picture in an effort to even the brightness across the picture. Ever take a pic at the beach toward the surf while the sun is shining? Same results. :([/quote:3rcicikh]

Thanks Bill, dunno why they didn't just say that in the first place!?!? #-o

wdroller said:
Puff said:
Looked good, I never used to use foil, those look real tender & moist :(
What temp & time did you have them cooking for?

Puff, they cooked for 6 hours uncovered. When they were ready, I wrapped them in foil and brought them into the house where they sat while we got everything else ready for dinner. They were still nice and warm. The temp I aimed for was 225*; at times it got as high as 270* and I dropped it down ASAP. At times it got as low as 200* My son was here, and it was a little more difficult to keep track of everything.

I went uncovered this time because before when I did the 3-2-1 cook, I was very unhappy with the texture. They were fall-off-the-bone and just too mushy for me. Many on this board go 4-1-1 and I'll try that, I suppose, before I settle in to a favorite method. I won't go back to 3-2-1.

I do not use charcoal. Thes rack was done with hickory and oak.
Thanks W.D.,my wife doesn't like them fall of the bone either.
I do so I try to do different method's everytime I cook them. haven't settled on one yet though #-o
I was kind of liking the 321, but that won't fly around here, the family likes to have to chew 'em off the bones :!:

Back
Top Bottom