Grate question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I have PCI grates on my Silver B...got me a "Monster Grill" type brush the other day from the local supply store and it has SS brissels...can I use that on PCI or should I buy SS grates...also, are SS flavorizer bars better than the standard ones...I am do to replace those this year!

Thanks!!

I'm with Brian, probably better to use the brass brush on the PCI grates. Save the monster for the kettle and the WSM. No, I wouldn't switch to stainless grates because I bought a grill brush. Can't comment on the flavorizer bar (don't have a gasser) but others say the SS ones are better.

Well, not to go against Weber, but I think I'll try it anyway...worse that happens is I have to buy new grates...I'm not such a big gasser guy anymore any way...now that the 1TG has come in to my life!! :D

I agree, use the softer brass brush on the PCI. The SS brush seems to be too harsh on the finish, when combined with high heat, based on my past experience.

I have SS grates and flavor bars on my Silver B. Works great and clean up is a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom