Regular food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I've been keenly observing that many of you eat bbq leftovers, or cook something, or grill something (especially you Susan,) just about every night!! Do any of you just have a bowl of cereal, or a hot dog, or sme tuna salad sometimes? Just wondering because that is what I eat most of the time! Woodguy

When I BBQ I make sure I do a lot to have leftovers in the foodsaver bags! But when it's gone....regular food for me!!! :cry:

I usually try to make enough butt, or sausage to have leftovers..usually last a week or so..otherwise we eat a lot of pasta with different toppings..usually made from whatever we have around the house. And we love chicken thighs (always on sale at our local grocer) cooked all different ways..

Last night is was Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice with some Andouille Sausage I picked up at the grocery store last week. Not bad and quick!!

I'm rarely Q'ing or grilling during the week, by the time the wife gets done with work and the daughter gets shuttled to whatever she is doing, there are only two days during the week that we are all together at dinner unless we eat at 8 or 8:30. So it's usually defrost something from the freezer and throw it together with a salad and whatever else is lying around, and catch dinner on the fly.

Not much different here Woodman.

I eat a boat load of Progresso soup for supper each week. I also do the Zatarain's thing quite often. Love all the boxed rice varieties. :D
When I do actually cook a real meal, I have lots of leftovers (it's just me after all). :-(

Hamburgers at Moe's on Tuesday nights. :-D

Lean Cuisine(s) for lunch almost every (work) day.

my wifes doing the weight watchers thing..she made General Toas chicken last night and it was awesome..had a few other ww recipes that were kinda bland...

Raine said:
Maybe they should try a veggie dog.
:Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman:

I don't care how they're made, I love hot dogs. My dad told me when I was little they was made of lips and assholes, and my sister stopped eating them. To this day, few things make me happier than a perfect hot dog, with ketchup! I love all the toppings, relish, chili, slaw....but no ketchup.

Raine said:
Maybe they should try a veggie dog.

For the best dog around y'all should really try this.

chowgrp.jpg

I really should know this, but what exactly chow chow?
I mean, how is it different from relish?

Captain Morgan said:
I don't care how they're made, I love hot dogs. My dad told me when I was little they was made of lips and assholes, and my sister stopped eating them. To this day, few things make me happier than a perfect hot dog, with ketchup! I love all the toppings, relish, chili, slaw....but no ketchup.
Huh?? ketchup or no ketchup?

Have you given any though to a "special" deal for your friends here at bbq-4-u ? :-D I love a good mustard relish! 8)

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2e3e5tl4]I don't care how they're made, I love hot dogs. My dad told me when I was little they was made of lips and assholes, and my sister stopped eating them. To this day, few things make me happier than a perfect hot dog, with ketchup! I love all the toppings, relish, chili, slaw....but no ketchup.
Huh?? ketchup or no ketchup?[/quote:2e3e5tl4]

That should be no ketchup.....I get a little excited sometimes when I talk about food.

Captain Morgan said:

People who like hot dogs and politics..... Should never look to closely at what goes into either.

I work at our annual firemans fair and all we serve the brothers is hotdogs. It's my job to go from booth to booth and feed the guys. I usually eat 5 or 6 dogs a night and that will go on for 6 nights. I stop eating them for the week when I get a bone in one of them! But you just can't beat a Saberett!

Oh man do I love hot dogs. Favorites are Hebrew National and Isaac Ellis (not sure if they have those outside of the New York area). Favorite way to do 'em is on a griddle. Grilling is my second choice. Need to get the skin nice and crispy IMHO. Gulden's mustard and sometimes a pushcart sauce.... Oh, yeah. Toast the inside of the bun....

When I was about 5 my mom thought I was eating too many hotdogs. To break me of the habit she decided to give me a hot dog every time I asked for one. She says I ate nothing but hotdogs for 4 straight days morning, noon and night until she gave up.

Anyway, guess I grew up. Still love hotdogs but dinner tonight was turkey meatloaf and brocolli rabe. Around here that counts as regular food.

We did eggplant parmigain for dinner last night. Made enough so I could have leftovers for sandwiches this week at work. Thats regular food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom