A Sirius Topic...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
For those of you that have Sirius...

What do you think of Howard Stern's show? Also, do you listen to Bubba The Love Sponge from 3pm-7pm EST?

For me, Howard has never been better! Finally, the questions you want to hear don't have to be skirted around with stupid talk for the FCC. I think his show is the best it has EVER been!

I never knew Bubba before he came to Sirius. Evidentally he had quite the following in the Tampa area before Clear Channel booted him off the air. It took a few shows, but I am a fan of his too...he is quite a bit more vulgar and offensive than Howard. Plus, I dig his "Bubba Speak" that takes some studying...like, "Jones" or "Mcgillicutty" (my T-shirt is on the way) but I like him too...in a non-faggot way! :!: (Line from Bubba's show)

What do you Sirius subs think?

BTW...I love all the sports and music too! I will never listen to regular radio again unless I have too! :eek:

yeah, well when you miss your local radio station's tornado warning
and twister rips you from your car and hurls your body through the woods, leaving little bits and pieces in each tree, you'll wish you had
listened to real radio. :vent:

Well, you already know that I listen to Howard. Bubba fan also.
Love the Jazz station. Listen to Coffee House and several of the Alt stations. What I have found recently that I really like is the classic radio station. I like listening to The Green Hornet, Dragnet, The Lone Ranger, etc. Good fun. Even got to hear The Thin Man last week.

I LOVE SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO. =D> =D> =D>

Well I heard recently that Howard was pissed at his fans, because he anticipated more to convert from "free" radio to "paid" radio. I've been a Howard fan for years, but if you ask me "he sold his fans out". By going to Sirius, his fans now have to pay to listen to him. Before they could listen to him free. So to me, he's milking his fans by making them pay and putting MORE money in his pocket. Nothing wrong with making money, I'd do the same thing. But, he can't get pissed at them either for not be willing to pay to listen to him. Just my .02.

This post is not in the right forum if you want good, honest responses! :idea:

What you heard was a vastly mis-quoted statement. He was talking about his 'mental' problems and said that in his mind 4 million wasn't enough. If it had be 8 mil, he would have thought it should have been 20 mil. No number would have been enough in his mind.

As for selling out his fans, it had been years since he was able to talk like an adult and do the show he wanted to do. Opera can say the same things and its okay, but Howard was getting fined millions of dollars. Any real fan has either followed him or will soon. It's pennys a day for everything, not just Howard.

The Joker said:
This post is not in the right forum if you want good, honest responses! :idea:

It's in the right forum...can't you formulate a response without swearing or using potty language!? :idea: :idea:

Larry, Finney is right with his answer...Howard was mis-quoted and is very happy with the 30% of the fans that went to Sirius. Think about that...if a business introduced something to the market and got a 30% response right off the bat then it would be considered a huge success...funny how the media can twist it in to the 70% that haven't switched (YET). It is well worth the money and it is so much more than Howard and Bubba! :(

I never cared for him when he was on E. I haven't heard his radio show as I've never lived in an area which aired it. IMO, it's definitely not worth paying for but the only talk radio I've ever enjoyed was John Boy and Billy when I lived down in Georgia. I still wouldn't pay for them. I love my music and if talk is on the radio, I'm changing the station anyway!

Captain Morgan said:
yeah, well when you miss your local radio station's tornado warning
and twister rips you from your car and hurls your body through the woods, leaving little bits and pieces in each tree, you'll wish you had
listened to real radio. :vent:
=D> =D> You got it right Cappy, we should have a smiley that salutes :!:
And look no "potty" language :eek:
TO HELL WITH STERN!!!!

Sirius, in general, is the best. Howard's show is great. Being on the road all day it really helps keep me awake. I like the comedy channel quite a bit as i find myself laughing my butt off while driving. People must think I'm crazy in my car laughing hysterically. The NFL channel is great for us NFL junkies too. Sure beats the hell out of listening to Rush. Politics all the time are depressing and I hate the "music" on regular radio. It is the bomb. I hope to get the portable boom box this summer to bring it to contests.

allie said:
I never cared for him when he was on E. I haven't heard his radio show as I've never lived in an area which aired it. IMO, it's definitely not worth paying for but the only talk radio I've ever enjoyed was John Boy and Billy when I lived down in Georgia. I still wouldn't pay for them. I love my music and if talk is on the radio, I'm changing the station anyway!

Allie,
You've got to be kidding right? They're on here in the mornings and I'm just amazed they're even on the radio. They laugh at everything no matter what, even stuff that's obviously not funny. But they do make a pretty good grilling sauce!

You guys... Tom Leykis!!!!!! This guy has the best radio show. He's out of Los Angeles from 3-7pm.

check out Leykis 101 too. And now that we have longer days...Flash Fridays start tomorrow.

www.blowmeuptom.com

Larry, I might not like them now. LOL I actually haven't listened to them in over 8 years since that's how long it's been since I lived down south where they are popular. We have Bob and Tom here and that's all they are.......a gaggle of cackling hens. I absolutely despise listening to those grown men giggling constantly for hours on end. Les, on the other hand, loves them and giggles right along with them. I've threatened to open the door and jump out of the car when he subjects me to that, as well as some of the music he likes. BLAH!

For me, listening to the radio is to hear a mix of music and I'm all the time changing stations to all genres. When the weather is bad, I do like to have my local radio station on if I'm not around my tv. I definitely don't want to get caught in a twister that I'm not prepared for. We've discussed getting Sirius but haven't made the move yet. I do hate commercials and talk radio but like to get serious weather updates.

If you look out your window you can typically tell the weather is bad...the TV seems to work well for such things to! :!:

UMMM, actually no you can't always just look at the sky and know what's coming your way. Not to mention, I'm not always home sitting in front of my tv. Case in point, about 6 years ago this June, we took off from home to get an ice cream, sun was shining and we drove across the small town we were living in at the time. We got to the Dairy Queen and it was clouding up quickly and getting a bit windy. People were standing out in the parking lot staring at the sky and we're thinking, what's up with them? We got our ice cream and went back home. Just as we turned into the drive, we saw it, a funnel cloud reaching toward the ground. We pulled up into the parking lot of the apartments and sat and watched a tornado touch down 3 times about a mile away. Half an hour later, the sirens in town went off to warn people of this. It was a bit late and had us all thinking there was another one on the way. The one we watched was an F2 which fortunately only touched down in some fields, did damage to one barn and some trees. There was no real warning ahead of time. It was ahead of a thunderstorm which didn't hit us until about 20 minutes after it. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

During spring and summer, it pays to keep an eye on the weather. Severe thunderstorms can build right above you and hit suddenly, some spawning tornadoes. When it comes to my and my kids safety, I'd rather play it as carefully as possible rather than regret it later. Yes, if there is a threat of severe weather, I either watch tv or listen to the radio. I will stay up all night long until the threat is gone. I live about half a city block from a lake, in summer if there's threat of a thunderstorm, we don't go swimming there. We hear thunder, it's time to head back to the house. No I don't constantly watch the weather but I have learned to check the locals occasionally especially when it's very hot and humid outside or a warm and cold front are colliding.......as happened this past weekend when there were tornadoes in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom