Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I have 5 racks of BB on the WSM rubbed with WolfeRub...first time trying it...

Anyway, the question is this...I cut the ribs to fit so I have 5-2 bone sections I am going to put on the kettle for fun. I am going to cook them indirect...any idea how long those smaller sections might take on the kettle?

Thanks! :D

Greg Rempe said:

Anyway, the question is this...I cut the ribs to fit so I have 5-2 bone sections I am going to put on the kettle for fun. I am going to cook them indirect...any idea how long those smaller sections might take on the kettle?

Greg since it's such small pieces of meat I'd cook them direct and sauce at the end. I wouldn't think it would even take 30-45 minutes if that long. I gotta question for you though, why did you cut the last two ribs off? Just for "Fun" like you said or what? I realize there's a space issue but they'd fit without cutting them "short". Just curious, not being a SA.

P.S. what are you gonna sauce with? SBR's goes great with the WR. Send some pic's too!

Well, I like more space on the side...plus I am making beans so I wanted some rib meat to throw in there...Thanks for the info...I will hold off till about 3pm or so to start. :D

Alrighty...put the small sections on the kettle with some cherry and Jack Daniel pellets. Wrapped the 5 slabs in foil and will stay in there for an hour and small change. Then 15 minuets out of the foil and sauce for a glaze for another 15 min or so...I make my own sauce btw! :D

Well, the cook went fine...the kettle ribs took an hour to cook and were good...the problem was the 3 racks I cooked on the WSM were SOOOOOOOOOOOO fatty!

Has anyone ever called BJ'S and complained about the poor quality of the food. Really, it was very bad...worse than spare ribs fat content! But the meat that we could eat was good.

By the way, WolfeRub was very good...nice heat and flavor! =D>

Greg I recently had a problem with fatty BB's from BJ's. Thought it was me, but now I know different!! That was the first problem I've had with them, I'll pay more attention next time!

Greg Rempe said:

First time using Wolfe Rub??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Greg I recently had a problem with fatty BB's from BJ's. Thought it was me, but now I know different!! That was the first problem I've had with them, I'll pay more attention next time!
Larry is always picking up 'fatties' at BJ's. :)

As opposed to BJ's from Fatties??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Uncle Bubba said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2qblnz6f]Greg I recently had a problem with fatty BB's from BJ's. Thought it was me, but now I know different!! That was the first problem I've had with them, I'll pay more attention next time!
Larry is always picking up 'fatties' at BJ's. :)

As opposed to BJ's from Fatties??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote:2qblnz6f] :grin: :grin:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":w9vyknav]As opposed to BJ's from Fatties??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Take 'em anyway I can get 'em![/quote:w9vyknav]

:ack:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom