Kitchen Aid Grinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use the old style hand crank unit, as the motorized ones can tend to get warm/hot. Since deer is so lean, you will need to add some fat. IMHO, this really needs to be kept near frozen or your sausage will taste like the grease catcher at your local fast-food place. Go slow, if the meat coming out of the grinder starts to get warm, toss the hole thing back into the freezer for a few minutes.
Dave T

I think the Kitchen Aid one will work, but I vote for one of the old hand grinder. Look at garage sales and you can get them cheap. They usually have a pretty good capacity and are not as delicate as the kitchen-aid

Yes, the Kitchenaid grinder will work. I have one and have used it. I didn't do all the deer but I have made deer sausage. To make 20 pounds we ran it through the grinder with the course die, mixed the seasoning, then again with the smaller die. This took FOREVER. Maybe two hours. While running the meat through the grinder the second time we were using the stuffer attachment. I agree that a grinder does work better if the meat is alittle frozen or very cold.

I purchased a LEM 1/3 grinder this year from the Bass Pro Shop. It was on sale for 199.00.

I found a picture of the kitchenaid grinder setup when I was making venison sausage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom