Smoking Wood Availability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Often time discussions come up about the availability of smoking wood and the costs of ordering wood over the internet, due to high shipping costs.

I ordered some wood from Cabela's today; they have maple, apple, cherry, hickory, alder, and mesquite for $8.99 for 10# bag of chunks, or .89 per lb. Shipping on any order from 0-$15 is $3.95; $15..01-$30=$5.95; $30.01-$50=$6.95

So you could order 40 pounds of wood and pay only $6.95 in shipping, not too bad IMO.

If you are interested go to www.cabelas.com and type smoker wood into their search link and it will take you to the wood.

I've never ordered from Cabela's so I only ordered one bag until I see what their quality is like. If I like it I'll order more.

How is the wood from Hawgeyes, chunk size speaking and were you satisfied with it?? If I'm not mistaken they were charging $1.09 per pound.

Chris, I wish I had a nickel for every emoticon you used. I could buy a Klose!

Again, no recall on the Hawgeyes prices, but I was happy. The chunks were perfect size for a wsm. Also, I could really tell the difference in the flavor, which is most important.

I think it's www.hawgeyes.com if you want to check it out.

does anyone know if you can use guava wood for smoking? got alot of it on my land i'd like to cut down...

Wood from Cabela's Arrived

The wood I ordered TWO days ago from Cabela's arrived today. It was packaged in a clear plastic bag and the chunks ranged in size from a little larger than fist size down to 3"x3", and some smaller pieces about 1"x3-4"

Excellent service and the chunk sizes are comparable to other on-line vendors I have used. So for $8.99 plus $3.95 S&H, I'm happy.

Also got my order of dry rubs and sauce from Hawgeyes today that I ordered Tuesday. Great service.

Still waiting on my hat and shirt from BBQ-4-U. :-D :-D :-D

Back
Top Bottom