sundays cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never thought I would be sitting around on Sunday afternoon drinking coffee and looking at pics of bbq on the internet.

I asked my Dad one time if putting seasoning on whole chicken did any good at all. He said " No not really, but it makes me feel better "

What kinda sausage you got there? Down here, there's nothing but the regional mass market stuff...I understand up north they have local favorites which are fresher and offer a better variety of spices, etc.

Cliff H. said:
I never thought I would be sitting around on Sunday afternoon drinking coffee and looking at pics of bbq on the internet.

I asked my Dad one time if putting seasoning on whole chicken did any good at all. He said " No not really, but it makes me feel better "

Isn't it great :grin: :grin:
Make sure you get under the skin of the bird :!:

Captain Morgan said:
What kinda sausage you got there? Down here, there's nothing but the regional mass market stuff...I understand up north they have local favorites which are fresher and offer a better variety of spices, etc.

All it is the hatfield hot italian sausage I did not have time to go to a butcher to see what he had plan to look at a few butchers for some sausage soon.

Finised product

The sausage came out great the chicken was very moist and tender but it was a little bland. I think I sould have burnt less of the oak and more of the apple.

Larry I love the my new gator. So much nicer than my siliver smoker. I love the pull out shelves do not burn my arms when I go to get to the meat. The log lighter is very nice :D no more need to get out the turky frier and chimney starter and it is great when the fire dies too and when you want to get your pit back up to temp fast. I like how i do not have to go out every five min to mess with the dampers or add a log to the fire :D I could not be happier with the pit :D

Chris

Looks like it turned out just fine. I like the look of the sausage!
I can't tell from yer pics, but if that top rack is removable you could stand the birds up and do the can thingy to add some different flavors.

Green Hornet said:
Looks like it turned out just fine. I like the look of the sausage!
I can't tell from yer pics, but if that top rack is removable you could stand the birds up and do the can thingy to add some different flavors.

Was thinking of doing that next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom