AI...Initial thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I wanted to start a thread about the current season of my favorite show American Idol. This show was the reason my very most favorite singer became who she is today! I am talking about Kelly Clarkson! The best and most successful Idol EVER!! By the way, did I mention Grammy Award winning Kelly Clarkson!!??? :(

Anyway, what are you predictions? Who do you like or dislike? I am going to start a weekly post about how the shows go and then we can talk about the results as well!

IMHO...the girls will not win! I am going with the bald headed rocker guy to take it all! HE is good!!

By the way...NO GAY OR HOMO TALK ABOUT THIS THREAD!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I don't think she is very good...average voice and way average looks...bad teeth but not as bad as the bad teeth guy you talked about! Pickler is a complete idiot...Simon called her a Mynx the other night and she had no idea what that was...then she said" Well, I guess I'm a Mink!" What an idiot! :eek:

Katherine McPhee and Mandisa are the best girls...

Chris Daughtry (baldy) and Elliott Yamin (teeth boy) are the best guys...

ok, I will try not to say things like...AI is yet another detriment to the music industry since it is only about creating stars...not music. But here's one you may or may not know. Mandisa has been one of the singers at many Christian womens conferences held all over the U.S. , she has quite the following and that certainly doesnt hurt her on the call in votes

I wanna know who you liked on the Ruben/Clay Season....

I don't have any tv channels, so can't watch it. No opinion other than I was shocked the day I heard the Kelly Clarkson song Since U been gone and then found out it was her.

I am going to disagree and say that a girl/woman will win and here is my reasoning.

Better voice range; more adaptible to differing music styles; and this crop...just better singers. Finally....SEX APPEAL. They are hoping to create a pop star who appeals to young teens and young adults (we'll overlook Greg's obsession with Kelly Clarkson for the moment) young female girls and adults drive this market and young boys and males are driven by hormones.

I doubt, no matter how much work you put into them, that you'll get any of those guys to be as sexually appealing as one of the girls.

For those of you who still think it's about the music....wake up!!!!!!!!!!! We'll use Kelly Clarkson as an example, you see her all the time, even Fantasia is out and about...you seen much of Clay Aiken, Reuben Stoddard, a little but not as much as the girls. Sorry to drone on here, I don't have a prediction yet, I'm leaning toward the McFee girl though.

Kelly Clarkson did wirte "Since you been gone"...she's an artist!

Ruben was by far the best singer in that season...but he ain't got the look! :eek: Too fat to be a success in the pop world...

GlennR said:
The Problem with American Idol (AI is artificial intelligence or Alan Iverson!) is that once we get to this stage it has very little to do with talent. Bo Bice was better than Carrie but he wasn't a cute Blonde chick. And Fantasia wasn't nearly as good as Latoya but she won. I watch the first shows to see the flame-outs and then I get recaps from my wife and girls. The American Electorate has come under fire on more important issues thas this...
Bo Bice was on last night as a guest singer. He SUCKED really bad (or good, depending on how you look at it).

I agree Finney...Bo was HORRIBLE!

I agree with everyone who was kicked out last night except for Gideon...should have been the blonde rocker! [-X

Back
Top Bottom