Salt, boy can you get lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I've recently smoked some kosher salt and that is pretty good. Also, I paid a rediculous amount for a couple of little tins of Celtic Grey Sea Salt, and Hawaiin Red Sea Salt . They are pretty tasty,and alot of fun, but really, salt is just salt! The smoked kosher (I used hickory) is a great sub for the evil "liquid smoke!" :!:

I keep 3 kinds of salt on hand. Diamond Kosher, Morton Kosher, Morton Pickling, The sodium level is different on all 3. Diamond being the lowest, Morton Kosher in the middle and the Morton Pickling being the highest. What the exact numbers are I don't recall as I keep my salt in 1/2 gallon canning jars.

Koshers the only salt here..My salt shaker has a cover that allows for adjustment of the sizes of the holes..fine for use on the table, big hoes for cooking...

Just table salt. I have a box of kosher that I haven't used yet. I think I have sea salt too... I am just too used to my salt shaker.

Now if we talk sugars...damn, do I have an opinionated on that one.

In addition to kosher and plain table salt I have a supply of extra coarse rock on hand to keep the roasted oysters from tipping and spilling. Works good for clams too!

Back
Top Bottom