WSM Cart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cappie,
There's (at least) a 2" space all the way the cooker and the whole front is open at the cooker. Plenty of air flow for the fire, but the unit also acts as a wind break.

Have you used that grate extender I had made for you? I forgot to tell you that you can also use it on top of the top rack (if you turn it upside down). It (semi) locks into the top grate. So you could actually get four racks in there. Stuff on top rack would need to be on the thin side though.

Bruce B said:
How do you get to the bottom vents in the back?
You could have the bottom turned so that you can see two from the front. Set the back one to 1/3 open when you start.

Actually you could get to all of them, it would just be hard to see how open or closed they are. You could use a mirror for that.

Or, use a Guru.

Also if needed, the WSM could be on a slide out shelf. We use them all the time on Fire Trucks. Slide it out just far enough to get to the vents.

Looks like a great design Chris. I like the idea of the slide out shelf providing it was strong enough to support the weight of a loaded cooker with meat, sand/water pan and charcoal, don't know what that weight is, but I'm sure it can be done.

Good job!!

Set the WSM on a ball-bearing turntable. Or, put a small access door in the back, with the whole works on casters so that, if you have it positioned against a wall or the deck rail, you can swing it around to get to the access door.

Larry D. said:

Set the WSM on a ball-bearing turntable. Or, put a small access door in the back, with the whole works on casters so that, if you have it positioned against a wall or the deck rail, you can swing it around to get to the access door.
I like the turn table idea. =D> If you check on the picture to enlarge it, you'll be able to see that it is already on casters. :!:

I like the read door panel idea better....those rollers would eventually get grimy and not work so well...plus the cost to produce would greatly increase the cost of the product....a simple back flap would allow convenient, affordable access, as I'm sure Rempe could attest.

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":yfkxwxxn]How much??
I'm not making them to sale... I just drew it up for Steve Petrone over at TVWB.
It did get me thinking on some other things though.

We gonna see one of these on a fire truck soon?[/quote:yfkxwxxn]
Order a truck and I'm sure we would do it. Put you a big whole hog cooker on there too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom