4 Butts Are On!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Windy as hell with snow on the way but I just got 4 butts on ~ 2 with Texas BBQ Rub Original Blend and 2 with the Brisket Blend. Guru's got the reigns and the Silver Jacket's got the WSM covered. :(

Oh man Bill, they look good! At least tomorrow when your done shoveling the snow you know that there are gonna be some good eats waiting for you! Keep the pics coming.

Greg Rempe said:
UM, where's the wood??
He's over your way... There's a foil pack of oak pellets (a good sized one at that) burried just under the top layer of the coals in the center. Also, after firing up with a torch, I sprinkled a good handfull of loose pellets.

Nick Prochilo said:
Oh man Bill, they look good! At least tomorrow when your done shoveling the snow you know that there are gonna be some good eats waiting for you! Keep the pics coming.
Can't wait, Nick ~ You comin?

Bob T said:
Looking good Bud! I think I need to head to Costcos and get a pack now. The guys at work are getting the Butt Itch lol. That leaves some openings, doesn't it. #-o
I need to order some more Texas rub also. Almost out! I mix the two blends together to use.
Haven't tried that but it sounds good! I'm running low too so it's that time..Ain't nothin' better!! :(

Finney said:
It is shiny.
Bill, don't you put the Guru dc adapter in a plastic bag also?
Guess not! :grin: The Guru isn't covered either. We aren't expecting much tonight and the deck is covered. The water level won't get high enough to short out the A/C and the Guru will shed off any light precip. Them Nu-Temps though... 8-[ Well.....

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":311qjt5g]Oh man Bill, they look good! At least tomorrow when your done shoveling the snow you know that there are gonna be some good eats waiting for you! Keep the pics coming.
Can't wait, Nick ~ You comin?[/quote:311qjt5g]

Not through all that snow! LOL #-o

This ain't gonna be ready for lunch guys. :grin: Chuggin' along between 225º and 230º. Bottom butt is at 176º and top is at 186º ~ Been there for a few hours now. I think the probe is against the bone on the bottom butt ~ Been consistantly low since last night.

Here's a pic I took this morning. Lots of water in that pan, eh?? :eek: That's what the Silver Jacket does ~ All that moisture that would normally float away condenses on the inside of the jacket and drips below. I checked the pan just to make sure it hadn't tilted ~ It's fine..

So Bill, that water drips down the inside of the jacket onto the pan, doesn't that make a mess on the outside of the WSM? Do yo have to wash it after every use?

Bruce B said:
So Bill, that water drips down the inside of the jacket onto the pan, doesn't that make a mess on the outside of the WSM? Do yo have to wash it after every use?
Some if it gets on the WSM but it wipes off pretty easily. Allot more is on the inside of the jacket and it's kind of a pain to clean that, but I like the benifits of using it. :(

Pulled them at 5:10 ~ 22.5 hours after start. Butts were 191º and 192º. There's another hour or 2 of fuel left in there too...

Resting in the cooler.......

Back
Top Bottom