Anybody cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first w/e in a long time that there will be nuttin on the smoker.. :badgrin: .

Family stuff over in NJ today, and another family thingy tomorrow :-X oughta be familed out bout 6pm tomorrow evenin

remember you can pick yer firends ,, but ya cant pick yer family [-X

Captain Morgan said:
I'm sure Larry will have something going today for the Skins game.

Nope Cappy, believe it or not I'm not cooking today! I'm going out to watch the game! I would like to cook some butts either today or tomorrow though!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="The Joker":2o30uuct]Blizzard conditions today ~ Nothin' here.. :-(
You Wuss :D A few little snow flakes and it's a Blizard? :( I have a butt going on the ECB.[/quote:2o30uuct]
I did buy 4 butts at Sam's yesterday ~ Just need the wind to lighten up so i can get the fire lit.. 8-[

Ribs were on the adgenda. All of the clients, except one, backed out at the last minute. I'm not firing for one rack. With the wind and cold, I'll burn more fuel than it's worth. So, I put on a pot of Spit Pea Soup using the Christmas ham bone. Serve with hot dogs and crusty bread for the football games. I made fresh salsa yesterday and there's a bottle in the freezer that says SKYY on it. I think I'll check and see what that is...

Good Q

Jack

Jack W. said:
Ribs were on the adgenda. All of the clients, except one, backed out at the last minute. I'm not firing for one rack. With the wind and cold, I'll burn more fuel than it's worth. So, I put on a pot of Spit Pea Soup using the Christmas ham bone. Serve with hot dogs and crusty bread for the football games. I made fresh salsa yesterday and there's a bottle in the freezer that says SKYY on it. I think I'll check and see what that is...

Good Q

Jack

Jack make room, I'm on my way down!! I love split pea soup but I'm the only one in the house that will eat it so I don't make it often!! Sounds like you are gonna have good eats today!

I've got two butts in the refrigerator, but there's just too much wind today. I'll wait and cook them tomorrow.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Jack W.":109urbqy]Ribs were on the adgenda. All of the clients, except one, backed out at the last minute. I'm not firing for one rack. With the wind and cold, I'll burn more fuel than it's worth. So, I put on a pot of Spit Pea Soup using the Christmas ham bone. Serve with hot dogs and crusty bread for the football games. I made fresh salsa yesterday and there's a bottle in the freezer that says SKYY on it. I think I'll check and see what that is...

Good Q

Jack

Jack make room, I'm on my way down!! I love split pea soup but I'm the only one in the house that will eat it so I don't make it often!! Sounds like you are gonna have good eats today![/quote:109urbqy]

Hurry on down, Youre gonna want to get here before I figure out what this SKYY stuff is... :grin:

Jack

Smoking Boston Butt

I put a boston butt on the smoker at 7AM. I purchased a Bar B chef offset smoker from BBQ Galores a few weeks ago. I'm trying to learn to regulate the temperature. The wind is blowing real hard today 25 to 35 MPH. The butt is at 168 degrees. This is the first butt I've cooked in years. All the butts I've ever cooked before I has no idea of temperatures of meat or smoker. I just would let her rip and after awhile it would look done. They usually came out fine. I've been looking at a few different BBQ forums and learning alot from them. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom