Columbia SC place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to dismiss the opinion of who-ever you heard that from, but I would doubt it. There is a lot of good BBQ in the SE.
Having never heard of it, I would have my doubts.
I have been wrong before though. And if the owners of Big T's want to offer up a plate to change my mind, I'm an open minded enough person to take it. 8-[

Upon further review, the call on the field stands.

I checked my SC BBQ database and found that they have a joint in
Columbia and also in Gadsen, and have been there for at least 3 years.
They serve both mustard and a vinegar sauce. Maybe it is good.

well he's a first poster over on BBQ news ... but they get stuff like that all the time ... i have interest, cause I'm going down therre in a couple of months..... and while the SO does the wedding stuff, I'm going on another Que Safari =D> thanks guys

but to say thebest in the SE .... 'idno.. big call .. probably part owner or sumtin or married into the family

While in Columbia visit Shealy's. The Barbecue is a little above average but the sides and fried chicken are worth the trip. Ask for the pulley bone sammy. Good stuff Maynard!

Piggy park is always worth a souvineer. Besides the net it may still be the only way to obtain an authentic bottle of Maurice's BBQ Sauce.

A hot dog at Sandy's is a fine choice too!

Good Q!

Jack

Shealy's is in Batesburg about 20 minutes from Columbia

Try Jackie Hite's first, its only about a 1/4 mile from Shealy's and they cook with wood while Shealy's has gas fired ovens

although.... Shealy's does have a good mustard based sauce and its available in wal-mart, least 'round here anyway

There's a new place in town call Bo-b-que or Bob b que. They have a restaurant on Edisto Beach. They got a fine write up in the SCBA news letter. I've been to the one on Edisto Beach. We had a real nice Q experience. I didn't like the fact I had to pay extra for dessert, but it ended up being worth it. I'm not sure of the location. Maybe the Big G has some insight. Cappy, can you shake The Big G up a little and get him to post?

Good Q!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom