Hey WDRoller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
What's the word on the pit buddy?? Is it there yet?? We want some pic's!!!! THought of a name yet?

Posting pics is pretty easy....
Down at the bottom of the reply form, is a "Upload Image" part. Before you can, you'll have to have the image copied from the camera to your hard drive. Remember where you copied those camera pics to and hit the "Browse" button. In the pull down menu, navigate to the place you have the pictures i.e.

That will bring up another webpage called ePhotoHut.net ( until Greg finally decides to change it. ) that shows your image and has some lines of code. This is where you grab the new location of your pic on the www-inter-web-net whatever.... for this particular photo hosting site, I choose "Thumbnail for forums (1)". You highlight all the code that's in that first box, and click Edit on the Menu bar and select Copy. Then come back to this page where you're replying to a post, click once where you want the image to appear, and hit Edit, then Paste.
Down at the bottom, just to the left of the Submit button is the Preview button, this gives you a chance to see if it worked.

If you get stuck (or anybody else), email me and I'll give you a hand.

wdroller said:
My pit crossed into VA around 7:30 p.m. 12/5 , and I expect you VA boys to keep your greasy hands away! :grin:

Yours was delivered to my house a hell of a lot faster than mine did. The delivery guys had a hell of a time getting it through the snow in the backyard this morning! :evillaugh:

wdroller said:
No pit yet! But she left Gator Pit on the 1st in the p.m., moved on up to Dallas by way of Hawthorne and Hutchins, TX (that's to the NW and I live to the NE--Go Figure). She then moved up to Floyd, TX on the 4th. At 6:a.m. this morning she had reached Beulah, AR. Been making good time today and is now in Bellwood, TN.

The most direct route would have been NE through LA and north, so I suspect Rich knows something about those LA boys that he not telling.

I'm not into all this new digital photography, but I'll get some pictures up on the internet someway. I tried to get Chris and Rich to take some for me as they were manufacturing, but I guess they were too busy. My old F2 keeps plugging along and I hate to replace it. Check your PM.

I didn't have any messages????

Where's the pit now?? We need an update!!!

wdroller said:
Well, my pit left Bealeton, VA just before midnight on the 5th and went north to Morristown, NJ. Had to pass within five mile of my house here in Bel Air as it went by. It's still in Morristown, but it's due to come south and be in Jessup, MD tomorrow by 8:00 a.m., once again passing within five miles of my house as it goes south to about halfway between Baltimore and DC. Then, tomorrow it could possibly be put on a truck to come back north to Bel Air. If it's not delivered tomorrow, there is no way it can be delivered Friday if all this snow comes. My driveway is 120 yards long and cleaning snow from it can be a big job--my wife doesn't work nearly as fast as she used to.

Right now I'm thinking of naming my pit The Wayward Bitch.

In short, I expect to have the pit early next week, and I would be very surprised to have it tomorrow.

Bah! Humbug!!

I'm with you brother! I don't get it. Everyone that has had a pit shipped except me has had their pit shipped through Bealeton (WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE). But the shipping company told me they don't have stops in Bealeton, which you again have just proven them wrong! My pit was shipped to Shepardstown, MD or somewhere like that, and then they had to had a driver drive it from there back to Bealeton to deliver to my house, WTF???

Rich, get a contract with the Military to start doing air drops, it should cut the costs down and expedite delivery. So what if it lands in a living room, at least we'll get our pits faster!

wdroller said:
Well, Rich, you gotta surprise coming. My pit is on its way back to Dallas. Using the tracking number Chris gave me, I followed my pit all the way to Bealeton, VA. Since then it's been everywhere you can think of.

I was guranteed delivery today (the 8th) or tomorrow.

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Finney said:
Damn.... I really missed a chance to get the old "Gator Tracker" out on this one. #-o LOL
It started out so well too. Not like Larry's that was a cluster from the start. 8-[

Well from the track it's taking, it sounds like you are gonna have plenty of time to get the Gator Tracker out!! :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
Damn.... I really missed a chance to get the old "Gator Tracker" out on this one. #-o LOL
It started out so well too. Not like Larry's that was a cluster from the start. 8-[

Well from the track it's taking, it sounds like you are gonna have plenty of time to get the Gator Tracker out!! :eek:
Nope... no time. It's a traveling weekend. Aren't they all?
SC to NC tomorrow (Fri) afternoon. NC to SC Saturday afternoon. My trip is about as messed up as that PIT'S.

wdroller said:
Well, I took early retirement a couple of years ago and have been taking it really easy, watchin' the blood pressure and all that health stuff. I drive the speed limit, keep out of the left lane, haven't shot a squirrel (no double entendre intended) or kicked a dog in all that time--but I'm startin' to get pissed. I have purposely refrained from looking at what I am paying for shipping my pit because there is a limit to what I can take. But if those SOB's from the trucking company call during tomorrows 5" snowfall wanting to get up my driveway (@120 yards)--well it will be a three-pill day to say the least. Today has been a three martini day, and I have the makings handy to make tomorrow a banner day!

Bah! Humbug!!

I feel your pain WD. Ritch will take care this for you!! I'm sure he'll be making a phone call to the rep at the shipping company. He called them when my pit was in LaLa Land and he got it squared away and it was at my house 2 days later. Sit back sip the Martini's, keep the BP low and it'll be there soon (Larry's crossing fingers).

wdroller said:
Well, thanks, Rich. But I'm not going to bother Chris about this. It's not his fault, nor is it your fault. I'm so disgusted with not being able to get in touch with someone (I've left lots of recorded messages) at the local trucker that I've given up. I did get to talk with someone last Thursday afternoon who, when she put me on hold, cut me off. She didn't bother to call back all afternoon. It's like brisket--It's done when it's done. It'll be here when it's here. If it looks like I'm not going to have pulled pork next weekend, I'll just drop in to those Virginia boys!
Hope you know my quarrel is not with Gator Pit. However, you may want to consider splitting your shipping between a couple of companies, letting each know they have a chance for all the business. Such may get rid of any complacency that exists.

I used to define eternity as One Ham, Two People. Now I define it as Waiting for a Gator Pit.! :grin: :grin:

Come on down! Well cook up something and have a few cold ones! You can cuddle up next to "LuLu" too if you want until you get your pit!

I might be wrong but isn't the 20th. on a Tuesday????????

better call and be sure what day they are comming.
Mon the 19th or Tue the 20th :!:

Sure wouldn't want to miss that del. been long enough getting there. if you miss them it could be next year before you see it !!!!!!!! :-( :-X
that would not make for a Merry Christmas. Good Luck [-o<

Ummm....... Dave............do you have a Gator yet?????? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom