Weber Kettle Assembly Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Weber 22 1/2 Kettle assembly question: for those of you that have them,

If you stand in front of your grill, looking at it, assuming that the leg without the wheel is the front.

Where are the two handles on the cooking section located, on the sides of the cooking section; or front and rear of cooking section?

Bruce, on the regular 22 1/2" Kettle and the One Touch the handle is in the front with the leg with no wheel.

OK then, I was afraid I assembled it wrong. I bought a slide-aside from Weber to hold the lid and when I looked where the handles were I was worried. Thanks guys.

Bruce B said:
OK then, I was afraid I assembled it wrong. I bought a slide-aside from Weber to hold the lid and when I looked where the handles were I was worried. Thanks guys.
I started to buy one of those last week and didn't because of the handle placement. Not that it would have been a huge deal.

The real reason I didn't was I thought about ordering the one for the Performer.... but I would have to drill holes to mount it. Still thinking on that one.

Scotty,

That was a good point, brain is in Park, mouth is in Drive today.

I put the slide aside on the back and it works great, the lid slides right down into it right over the REAR handle.

And you guys say there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Bruce B said:
Scotty,

That was a good point, brain is in Park, mouth is in Drive today.

I put the slide aside on the back and it works great, the lid slides right down into it right over the REAR handle.

And you guys say there is no such thing as a stupid question.
You must be thinking of the BB for morons that you go to. #-o 8-[

Well I have it installed which wasn't difficult, it slides right on to the ketttle, and I have slid the lid onto it, and it works. It will beat the hell out of putting the lid on the ground or patio whenever it has to come off.

So I guess you can say I'm loving it.

Bruce B said:
Well I have it installed which wasn't difficult, it slides right on to the ketttle, and I have slid the lid onto it, and it works. It will beat the hell out of putting the lid on the ground or patio whenever it has to come off.

So I guess you can say I'm loving it.
Well you heard it right here: BRUCE IS LOVING HIS SLIDE ASIDE!!!! =D>
Thanks Bruce. :!:

I'm surprised this didn't get moved over to PRODUCT REVIEWS.
4.gif

Yeah, I'm gonna have to start pimping out my kettle too! Slide aside, cover, charcoal baskets, gangster whitewalls.......

Back
Top Bottom