I hate this time of year (Cold season)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I usually get sick twice a year. Once in the Fall and once in the spring. Well, I started feeling bad on Sunday morning (This had nothing to do with eating at Larry's) and got worse through the day. Had to call in sick this morning for the first time in a year. Ended up making a big stock pot of Chicken and Noodle soup last night to try and head this thing off at the pass. The soup was good, it just hasn't helped yet. So, here is the recipie:

1 oven stuffer chicken
1 large onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 clove garlic

1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
1 tsp sage
1 tsp tyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper

1 bag of Egg Noodles

In a large stock pan combine the first 5 ingrediants and cover with water. Boil the chicken until the meat falls off the bone. Remove the chicken and let it cool for picking later. Add the rest of the ingrediants and the de-boned chicken. In a seperate pot, boil some water and add egg noodles. I like the wide ones. Cook per directions and then add to the chicken pot. Simmer about 30 more minutes and serve.

Bill I felt awful yesterday too and do not feel 100% today either. Hope you get to feeling better bud!

Nick Prochilo said:
See what happens when you stuff under chicken!!! [-X [-X [-X [-X #-o

It was chicken over chicken, that's prolly why he's sick. I should have put the chicken over the ribs and he'd be fine!

Well, the chicken soup is helping a little. I feel a little better today. Of couse it could be all the ginger ale instead of beer I drank yesterday too.

By the way, the soup is much better the next day. It needed the time for all the flavors to combine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom