Where'd that come from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratman

Cook
So I did my first turkey (12 pounder) on the Traeger today. Followed ZBQ's brine receipe. Went out and bought some maple pellets. Rubbed that baby down with some olive oil and on it went. Total cook time 5 1/2 hrs. Like a kid at Christmas time waiting for Santa. Okay time to carve into this thing. Old lady starts cutting it; leg first to come off, some breast. Hey wait, where'd that come from? Old lady is on the floor laughing her ass off! You'd think these people would put the neck and the other bag of internal parts in the same place (the cavity) but nooooo. You got it. I cooked that sucker with the bag still in it. Aaaahhh, at least the dog loved it. :)

I did that once! ~ I think it was 30 years ago!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, that just brought back some very vivid memories... :eek:

Did the plastic bag give any flavor to the bird? :ack:
that is one thing I heard about before it happened to me.

I did it, too. As far as I was concerned, the giblets in the bag were well cooked. The dog may have got some of it, but not the liver, that was mine! :!:

(It was a paper bag, not plastic.)

Ratman said:
How many cavities does it have...just the big one, right?

There' a small one on the other end (butthole); was covered by a flap of skin.
Are you saying the other end is a butthole or are you calling Greg a butthole??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lmao: Sorry, couldn't resist..... I'm done, Bill 8-[

I just wish they'd package the neck and the giblets separately! That's the biggest pain of thawing turkeys is removing the neck from from the cavity. The bag of giblets from the neck area usually come right out. Maybe they could just sell them totally separate.

Back
Top Bottom