It's Veterans's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
To any vets who post here, my sincere thanks for your help in keeping
me free.

Thank a veteran today.

I thank and have the highest amount of respect for those that have and are still giving thier all so that we can live free. My 86 year old Dad is still going strong he served in WW2 in Africa and Italy with George Patton.

My heart felt thanks to all vets. My father was in the infantry in the Pacific during WWII. He's still pissed because he got shot in the leg (a minor wound actually) the day after the war ended by a Jap who didn't know the war was over. Because the war ended the day before my dad got no Purple Heart. That's what he's pissed about.

Vets, thanks again.

Griff

WalterSC said:
Captain Morgan said:
To any vets who post here, my sincere thanks for your help in keeping
me free.

Thank a veteran today.

I thank and have the highest amount of respect for those that have and are still giving thier all so that we can live free. My 86 year old Dad is still going strong he served in WW2 in Africa and Italy with George Patton.

I am proud to say that I served under General George S. Patton III in Germany in the late 70's. Quite a guy and he carried his Daddy's Ivory handled Colt .45 "Peacemaker" pistol at his side.

Both of my grandfathers serverd in WWII. One was with the navy in the Pacific. My other was with army I think in the alantic and he recieved Purple Heart for being shot in the hand. My cousin is curently in the airforce.

Thanks vets for protecting our freedoms.

My father was in Korea and my son is serving now. Thanks to all the veterans and serviceman and women! This is the greatest country in the world because of them!

My father served in Korea too as well as my late father-in-law. I only made it to (West) Germany though :) Had I been a year older, I'd have been in nam!

I met my wife two years after I got out of the navy and we've been together for 15 now. Every Veterans Day she wishes me a Happy Veterans Day. No other family or friends have ever told me that. Makes me feel special having served for 7 years. And, I've taken every Veterans Day off of work since I got out 17 years ago.

To those serving and those who served, bless you.

Back
Top Bottom