Two more turkeys and a ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Two more birds and my first ham. I messed up the ham from the get go. When I scored it, I only did it in one direction. I got side tracked and forgot to make the slices in the opposing direction. I haven't sliced it yet, but will post sliced pic's later.

Here's some sliced pic's. I'm eating a ham sandwich right now and this is incredible!! Way better than I thought it would!!

Nice looking stuff Larry. Twice smoked ham is a treat. In fact Smoke and Spice has a pretty tasty rendition. I like to glaze with Danny's glaze with a healthy shot of maple syurp added.

Good Q!

Jack

Greg the ham, ugly as it was turned out fantastic. Great flavor, very tender and moist! I'll definitely be doing more in the future!

I usually only think about hams from now till the holidays, but they are so incredibly good on the smoker. Make sure you get a cured ham, not the fresh ham, but it can be either ready to cook or ready to eat. Soooooo gooooooooodd.

Gary in VA said:
Dang Larry... who eats all this stuff you keep fixin... ? That stuff sho do look good.

Gary

Gary all the turkeys are for folks at work, the ham was for me. Most of the stuff I've been cooking lately are to fill orders for people at work.

ScottyDaQ said:
Larry, what kind of ham was it? Raw or cured?

Scotty, it was a "ready cook" Smithfield brand ham. I scored it, studded with cloves and basted it with a "Honey Glaze". I cooked it to 140*. The only thing I'll do different next time, is to baste later in the cook. I wasn't really happy with the "look" of the ham but half of that was because I forgot to finish scoring it. Other than that, it was a huge success. I was very skeptical about smoking a ham that was already smoked. But now I would definitely recommend doing one to anyone who hasn't tried one.

Back
Top Bottom