Cookware Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Wife wants some new cookware, and honestly we could use some. Looking for recommendations on what you guys are using around the house. She won't go with Stainless Steel interior (thank God leaves out AllClad), so if you guys have had good experience with your cookware let me know, so I know what brands to look for and the ones to stay away stay away from.

Thanks!

Bruce,
I have several pieces of the Calphalon pots and really like them. I got them off of Amazon a while back for really cheap. Ask her what pieces she wants vs. buying a set of cookware that way she can get what she wants.

Only problem with anodized is that acid will etch it.

I had a Calphalon sauce pan I used to keep mop hot and the vinegar ate a hole in it.

Check out Cooks Essentials on QVC.com
(I know, I know)

It's made by Meyer, who also makes Circulon, Analon and tons of other high end store brands. Good stuff!

Why no stainless steel?

-YB

Until you said, "no stainless"... I would have said Viking. (if money was not an option)
I have tons of Calphalon, a good amount of cast iron, and some Revere Wear. Got a few VERY thick Meyer non-stick fry/saute pans (those babies are over 1/4" thick.
I really like the looks of the Calphalon One.
Have you looked in a restaurant supply store? You can get some good deals on cook wear there if you aren't buying for 'looks'.

I have some cast iron also and use it quite often.

When I said no stainless steel, she wants non-stick surfaces as opposed to stainless steel surfaces for easier clean up. I've tried to tell her if she would learn to cook at higher temps stainless isn't a problem, but what can I do.

Our last set was from Costco, and it doesn't last a lifetime.

Smokehouse said:
Tons of cast iron. Old cast iron. Talking about been in the family since dirt was invented cast iron. Love the stuff. I keep acidic foods out of it though - no tomatoes for example - and keep it well seasoned. Charlotte says I take better care of it than I do her. She's an observant woman.

Smokeiron

Mine's not quite that old but I do take care of them and I do love to cook with them, and you're right no tomatoes.

And, thanks Chris, I'll take a look.

"Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up wit stinky finga", Confucius

Could that be why the Iraqi's who voted the other day have brown fingers too?? #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Back
Top Bottom