Lil' Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems to be working fine now.

Nice looking little rig!

I have an old stainless cylinder that used to be a
casing for a pool filter. Might just see if I can turn
it into an upright.

-YB

Bob T said:
Great job! That's what I would like to try on a new home heating oil tank. I'm not sure how thick they are, but it may be worth a try. I know a place near me where they make the tanks. Anyone know how think those tanks are?? I haven't welded in 20 years, so if I only knew SOMEONE that lived close to me that could weld. Of course it would have to be able to use the Guru. Real Qing, real flavor lol.
.Paging Bryan S.
.Paging Bryan S. =D> =D> =D>

That wasn't too BLATANT. [-X

Spiceysmoke said:
I’ve been lurking here for awhile and learned quite a bit. Love looking at all the pictures of what people have smoked. One of the most important of which is ABT’s, never had fixed them before. After reading about them here I fixed them so often the family finally said ENOUGH. I’ve been cooking with smoke for over 15 years and still have a lot to learn. After that short introduction I thought I’d post some pics of a smoker my son and I made for him. He wanted a smoker but couldn’t afford to by one. A friend of mine had bought a Homier compressor and the motor failed a couple of days later. The company only wanted the motor back and told him to keep the tank. He asked me if I wanted it and I said sure. This is what it turned in to.
Oh, and I have and use an old (15 years old) New Braunfels Black Diamond smoker.
I hope the pictures work after all this typing.

Those are great pictures , nice grill as well.

Back
Top Bottom