Pecan Encrusted Wahoo (or any other White Meat Fish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave'sWife

Cook
This basic recipe was adapted from one for Pork Chops. I have used this recipe to coat Chicken, Pork medallions and fish. I made this with Chicken tneders last week and they came out great.

FYI - Wahoo is a deep sea fish with a firm white flesh. What works for wahoo will work with any white meat fish such as halibut, roughy etc. I use Wahoo because my husband's boss goes Sport Fishing a lot and gives him Wahoo. Now That's one nice fringe benefit! If you have any Sport-fishermen pals, hit them up for some Wahoo - it's a very delicious fish.

Pecan Encrusted Wahoo

Ingredients:

6 to 8, 1 to 2 inch filets of Wahoo (or any white meat fish)

Coating
2 Cups of toasted pecans, pulses into very small pieces
2 cups of Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal, pulsed into crumbs
1 Tablespoon Cajun Spice Rub or spicy Rub of your choice
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Egg Dip
4 Eggs or 1 cup of Egg Product
Cracked Black Pepper - a few twists

2 cups of finely grated Parmesan Reggiano for dredging.

Directions:

Place the wahoo filet in the bowl of Parmesan and press until cheese coats the filet all over. Then dip into the egg and place into the Pecan and crumb mixture. Press the pecan/crumb mix onto the filet, transfer to a well greased baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the filets with cooking spray to help ensure that they will crisp up nicely. Repeat for all filets. Bake at 375 Degrees for 12 minutes or until bottom is crispy. Carefully turn over and bake for another 12 minutes. Take out of Oven, let stand about 10 minutes before slicing.

Can be sliced and served over a warm salad or served with a nice Onion and Spinach Tart.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom