BBQ Central

BBQ Central (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/)
-   Grilling (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f15/)
-   -   What Did You Grill Today? (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f15/what-did-you-grill-today-23765.html)

nvestysly 09-19-2015 09:43 PM

What Did You Grill Today?

3 Attachment(s)
When you're grilling take a minute to take a picture and post it here. Rather than start a new thread you can simply add to this thread and tell us what you're up to. It will be an ongoing blog of sorts.

Nothing fancy for me today - I typically keep it pretty simple. Turkey burgers, potato wedges and zucchini. I put olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder on the potatoes. Only olive oil, salt and pepper on the zucchini.

No, I didn't eat raw turkey burgers. I forgot to take a picture when the burgers were fully cooked. Maybe the best part of this grill episode was the beer!

I'm new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this topic has already been approached. If so, moderator(s) please move this to the appropriate thread.

nvestysly 10-08-2015 01:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
DW and I were in lower Michigan recently and became aware of the olive burger. We had a couple olive burgers while we were in the area and liked them.

So today I was having a hankering for an olive burger but didn't quite know where to start. I didn't have any green olives on hand but I did have some Italian Olive Salad that's often used for muffuletta (spelling varies) sandwich in the area near New Orleans. We purchases the jar of salad a Rouse's - a supermarket in the New Orleans area.

Well.... the turkey/muffuletta sandwich I made still needs some tweaking but it was good nonetheless. I guess I'll have to take some time to identify the ingredients of a proper olive burger.

Here are a few pictures:

Bosko 10-08-2015 02:31 PM

Where in lower MI ?

Its not burned 10-08-2015 07:00 PM

What he said ^

Trying to think where I've seen an olive burger. I know I have, but can't put a finger on it.

Plates are pretty!

nvestysly 10-10-2015 02:18 PM

My first olive burger was in Eaton Rapids at Abie's (pronounced AB's... think ABC's but stop at B).

The second was at Mr. Burger in the Grand Rapids area. Mr. Burger is locally owned and operated but has several locations.

The burgers had large quantities of what appeared to be mayonnaise and the sliced green olives were sort of suspended in that concoction. It may be a "special sauce" of sorts but seemed like liberal use of mayo.

I'd have to say both had room for improvement in the area of the beef quality and the over-doneness of the patty. But I enjoyed the experience and will definitely try one again.

A friend that we know from Ohio met us in Eaton Rapids and she had her first olive burger recently in the U.P. but I don't recall the name of the place.

Bosko 10-10-2015 02:36 PM

Nice...
I was in Turkeyville last week.....;)

bbquzz 10-11-2015 07:41 AM

I'm headed there this week Bosko, nice cook and really nice pictures nvestysly, what kind of camera do you use?

Bosko 10-11-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbquzz (Post 266731)
I'm headed there this week Bosko, nice cook and really nice pictures nvestysly, what kind of camera do you use?

I played the Majestic golf course, one of the prettiest courses I have ever played.
We are supposed to go back by the 20th, they gave us a return coupon to play for $22!!!

Max 10-11-2015 08:57 PM

Smoked a pork shoulder over night, made some pulled pork sandwiches for after we got done shooting. Nothing better, guns, ammo, and bbq pulled pork sammies.

bbquzz 10-11-2015 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hit the UP myself probably the last best color day, this is from just West of Grand Marais on Lake Superior. Max those folks in the UP, as I am, are all believers in the Second Amendment ;)