Corned Beef and Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Saturday I smoked three corned beef briskets that will be sliced thin for sammies.That little guy up top was a snack for me. I also smoked two racks of baby back ribs. Everything turned out great except that I sliced my thumb real good. More flavor I guess:p

Corned beef ready for the smoker. I let them sit in water for two nights so they weren't to salty.

Corned beef done.

Ribs ready for the smoker.

Ribs done...yummmmm

Corned beef and ribs look really good Toby!!! I get in the habit of not tucking my thumb in as well sometimes. Then I slice it and that helps break that bad habit!

I am like 40% Irish, and I can't stand Corned Beef. Is there something wrong with that? But that looks good, and right now the ribs look killer to me.

I am like 40% Irish, and I can't stand Corned Beef. Is there something wrong with that? But that looks good, and right now the ribs look killer to me.

Max, I soak the corned beef for two days and change out the water so all the salt is out. Then I coat em with Kosher salt, course ground pepper and some cumin and let them sit for another night. What comes out is a very nice moc pastrami. We slice em thin and freeze for Ruben Sammies.

Back
Top Bottom