I GOT THE JOB!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
:D :LOL: ;)
Got the call from the Fire department today. I start on March 1st. A change of careers at 40. YA gotta luv dat.

Excellent Bill! Congratulations! That calls for a big cook this weekend to celebrate!

Congrats,
Just remember not to wear the sidearm on the first day of the new job.
Glad you don't have to chase bad guys anymore.

O'l yeah... Fireman tip: If there aren't any fires... don't start any.
Firemen. The #1 occupation of arsonist.

AWESOME BILL!!! CONGRATS on your new life change! To celebrate, go to the BBQ-4-U store and buy shirts and mugs for all of you new brothern!! They will appreciate it and you will be in the "Inner Circle" in no time!!

Congratulations Again and remember...the only people in the world that run in to and not away from fires are Firemen! Good For You!! :D

BBQ 4 U Store

Greg Rempe said:
AWESOME BILL!!! CONGRATS on your new life change! To celebrate, go to the BBQ-4-U store and buy shirts and mugs for all of you new brothern!! They will appreciate it and you will be in the "Inner Circle" in no time!!

Congratulations Again and remember...the only people in the world that run in to and not away from fires are Firemen! Good For You!! :D

BBQ 4 U Store

Congratulations... BUY STUFF... What kind of crap is that? :shock:

just kidding rempe... just kidding

Congratulations Bill! Only 25 more years and you can retire, or does your time at the PD count toward retirement?

Thanks all, Cpt Morgan, I will take you up on those ribs. If you guys dont know, he has some of the best ribs I have ever had! With him on my team, LOOK OUT!

The time I have with the City will transfer over, as well as my pay, vacation, and retirement.

Bill, I'm happy anytime some lucky bastard gets a shot to do something he wants to do instead of some SOUL CRUSHING gig selling plastics to a bunch of overweight , balding geeks who are stuck in SOUL CRUSHING jobs buying plastics from overweight, balding geeks!

Shweet Bill, I couldn't recall if your fire job was with the same city as your PD job. Good Luck! I give you credit I never wanted to be the one going into the burning building, I was content directing traffic and shaking my head at those who did.

Chris Finney said:
Congrats,
Just remember not to wear the sidearm on the first day of the new job.
Glad you don't have to chase bad guys anymore.

O'l yeah... Fireman tip: If there aren't any fires... don't start any.
Firemen. The #1 occupation of arsonist.

Congatulations Bill.

Hey Chris, you have to learn to start them before you learn to put them out! :-D

Woodman said:
Bill, I'm happy anytime some lucky bastard gets a shot to do something he wants to do instead of some SOUL CRUSHING gig selling plastics to a bunch of overweight , balding geeks who are stuck in SOUL CRUSHING jobs buying plastics from overweight, balding geeks!

Selling: Someone's gotta do it!! That's why they pay us the big bucks, aye Woodie?!!? :shock:

Congrats Bill and good luck in your transfer. I did a carrer change at 38 to what sounds like your old job. I love it...like being retired. Id consider a transfer to a FD from the PD but my town dose'nt have a paid department.

I used to think it was the best job in the world! Now I just don't know! China is killing manufacturing at a rate you guys just wouldn't believe!

Chris,
I am planning on doing Kings Mountain with a friend and then Lynchburg in the fall. I have to wait and see what schedual I will have. Tell the wife I said HI.

Back
Top Bottom