Cornish Game Hens on a Yoder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ducaticraig

Assistant Cook
Cooked up two Cornish Game on a Yoder YS640. The Yoder is a demo grill, on loan, from Simi Valley Pellet Grills. I currently have/had a Mak 2 Star which is now being replaced by the Yoder. Not sure why but the food coming off the Yoder has consistently tasted better than similarly cooked food off the Mak.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382339948672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382339948672.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 380
Here's the Yoder I've been using the last three weeks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382340476132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382340476132.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,034
Nice guys loaning that out to you to try before you buy. It looks like a lot of cook for just two game hens ;)

I hear you regading a lot of cook for two game hens. Most of the time it's just one little hen. Sometimes I only cook a tri tip or a handful of chicken breast for the family. As you can now see I have a smallish family that does not eat much. One thing I enjoy about using a pellet grill is I put the food on the grill and forget about it. I don't mind spending money on pellets so the size of the grill does not matter much. One good point for having a larger grill is I have room on the grill for when I invite friends and the extended family over for the holidays. If you thought it was a lot of cook for the game hens on the Yoder YS640 wait until the 640 goes back and the Yoder YS1500 is delivered in 3-4 weeks.

All I can say is I'm having a blast cooking/smoking food on my new toys/grills. :) :) :)

I never thought buying grills could be so fun!

I'm really looking forward to getting one. Just have to wait for it to be built. The countdown begins. :)

Back
Top Bottom