Beer can chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of it does make sense. Definitely doesn't add flavor.I think it does add moisture, I put a 1/2 lemon in the neck to block off any steam that might rise and keep it in the cavity. But I pour the beer into a glass, add water back into the can, drink the beer while the bird cooks.

I do it pretty much the same way, except I plug the neck hole with a small onion, and I put chicken broth in the can, which I use later along with the carcass boiledm down to make a nice smoked chicken soup.

The other thing that got me about this article was when they said "you don't see any 5 star michelin restaurants serving beer can chicken" no kiddin? You don't see any BBQ joints serving beef wellington with stuffed chilean sea bass garnished with truffle risotto and mango salsa either.

The other thing that got me about this article was when they said "you don't see any 5 star michelin restaurants serving beer can chicken" no kiddin? You don't see any BBQ joints serving beef wellington with stuffed chilean sea bass garnished with truffle risotto and mango salsa either.

Excellent point! :D

Been can chicken is a cruel joke. Split them cluckers and lay them out flat. That is how the Lord intended for folks to cook birds..least for them too lazy to hook up the Rotess..which is the apex.

Been can chicken is a cruel joke. Split them cluckers and lay them out flat. That is how the Lord intended for folks to cook birds..least for them too lazy to hook up the Rotess..which is the apex.
I don't think it's a joke. It's the way I believe in cooking a bird. I also don't believe in the lord, or god or whatever. So, there's that.

I have tried both Spatchcocked Chicken, and Beer Can Chicken. Both merit great results. Yes some people believe it to be a joke of the way your yard bird to be cooked, but it all comes down to the way YOU want to cook. Yes people can give you advice, make fun of the way that you are cooking, but if you like it who cares what other people think. They don't have to eat it. Don't let the biased of of few detour you from trying new things, because they have tried them and don't like them. If you like it, differently keep with it.

Don't ever tell anyone this, but I have spatchcocked/butterflied a chicken or two. And liked it. That's the great thing about chicken, kinda hard to screw it up, (although I have seen it happen).

From a Yankee at that, Right!
Yep. So, this is a true chicken horror story, just in time for halloween. A couple years ago, a buddy invited us over for grillin and drinkin'. He has a what some folk around here call a "Bohunk grill" It's basically a broken gasser, that you burn charcoal in. A fine cooker IMO. So I brought 2 ribeyes and a few pounds of tater salad. He has chicken leg/thigh quarters. But no charcoal chimney. What he does have is a lot of lighter fluid, which he makes a big ass fire with, on a big-ass pile of charcoal. Then he immediately coats the chicken with KC masterpiece, and puts it into the lighter fluid fire. It's not my place to tell someone how to cook on their grill, at their house, but I did suggest that this might not work out. He told me to hurry up and get my steaks on, while the grill is hot. "No thanks, man. I'll wait a bit." So this chicken, was black and burnt on the outside, and bright red raw on the inside. I mean like botulism raw. And also burnt. So, maybe beer can chicken sucks, but it's better than burnt/raw lighter fluid chicken. Presumably.

Back
Top Bottom