BB rib advice (QUICK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosko

Sous Chef
Sup all
Need help I smoked 6 racks for a party at 4:00 and the suckers are done after 4 hours at 200!!!!
I have them all together in a pan with some water covered in foil at about 150 right now.....guess that is all I can do to slow them up until the party???

You put them in water?

I put about 16 ounces of water in the bottom of the pan and wrapped them tight, they are holding about 150 but I'm running out of fuel sorce and don't want to stoke a new piece of wood

Just keep them wrapped in foil, wrap them in towels, and put em in a cooler. they will be fine.

Just keep them wrapped in foil, wrap them in towels, and put em in a cooler. they will be fine.

I can put in the oven supper low heat as the party is right next door don't have any travel time

Sure. That will work, as long as your oven can go really low, if they are done, you just want em to stay warm, if they cook any more, they will be mushy.

Let us know how they turn out. And don't worry, I'm cookin ribs today too, and there's not much you can do to make em taste worse than mine!

A little too late for this advise but I always cook my ribs early and pull them off just before they are done. I'll fire up my grill and put the ribs on about thirty minutes before serving time to warm them up and add sauce if I'm going to serve sauced ribs. IMO "leftover" ribs taste better than the ones right off the smoker.

They were a big hit I over reacted as I have never cooked that many ribs before.
one ..........10....... I guess it does not matter.

I was commended by all at the party......good feeling:)

Nice! Glad they turned out! My ribs did okay too, gone before kickoff. Still need to try your pineapple ribs idea.

Thanks again......I was shocked they stayed on point, I pulled them at the perfect time......

sorry only pic was at throw down

vsl8ox.jpg

Last edited:
They were a big hit I over reacted as I have never cooked that many ribs before.
one ..........10....... I guess it does not matter.

I was commended by all at the party......good feeling:)

Congrats on a well received cook, glad everything worked out for you!!!

Thanks for the nice comments........the ribs were of the hook, they still had tooth to the bite but the bones shined like a crack head on pay day......

You must be a city boy like me, bosko. You're always on about them damn crackheads. Troo story, a crackhead once stole a chicken off of my smoker, and my hedge trimmer too. I caught him in the act, and chased him down the alley, but you know the old cliche, you ain't catchin no crackhead.

You must be a city boy like me, bosko. You're always on about them damn crackheads. Troo story, a crackhead once stole a chicken off of my smoker, and my hedge trimmer too. I caught him in the act, and chased him down the alley, but you know the old cliche, you ain't catchin no crackhead.

I used to was..........Toledo Ohio...........crank/Crackheads abound!!!

I now live on a lake in Michigan where there are 10 people per 1 mile radius.....

Back
Top Bottom