makin' bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I finally found a local source for pork belly. It was the Asian market. So I cured a belly for a week and smoked it today. I cut the belly into 3 slabs for easier smoking. This first pic is 2 of the slabs just off the smoker. Then I sliced it. Time for a taste test. Than a BLT.

Attachments

• Brack.jpg
    Brack.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 398
  • Bsliced.jpg
    Bsliced.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 404
  • Bpan.jpg
    Bpan.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Bsand.jpg
    Bsand.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 406
I do believe I require a sample of that. Didn't know tomatoes grew up in AK

Great looking bacon and monstrous BLT, no skimping there!!! Asian Markets are the best places to find pork belly here too.

Dang..that looks outrageously good. Sure you had some tricked on the making bacon thing. Thought for sure it would be a photo of two large ugly pigs busily copulating. The hippies had posters about that. Ranked right up there with the geese mating in mid flight where it said Fly United.

Dang..that looks outrageously good. Sure you had some tricked on the making bacon thing. Thought for sure it would be a photo of two large ugly pigs busily copulating. The hippies had posters about that. Ranked right up there with the geese mating in mid flight where it said Fly United.

Only a Texan would think that!!

Well...aint many old codgers who dont know the secret meaning of..makin bacon..lol. Its a sixties thing.

I agree with V, lol. Sorry if it is a 60's thang, I was not thought of yet way back in those days. HA! Your showing your age BW.....

Think so maybe. We may have to ask Griff about this..lol. I know some folks accused of certain sexual misdeeds got a slap on the pee pee by the court bailiff. Those were much simpler and more brutal times huh?

The visual of Griff getting getting slapped on the pee pee by a court baliff hurts my mind. Traeg, I need a dozen blood orange screwdrivers to erase my brain!!!!

Wow that is a visual. I threw up a little in the back of my mouth..lol. He may be the same seasoned citizen guy who got accused of rape..but they dropped the charges to Assault with a dead weapon. Where is them pics of Sarah? Some of us aint getting any younger around here. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom