Paul Muret's Tater Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Also think it would profit from a can of chopped Green Chiles. Works well with brown n serve breakfast sausage for them who cant afford bacon. Chicken stock also subs out great for most of the milk up to about 50% . Thought this was already in the recipe section but couldnt find it. Very good stuff.

>quote> Paul Muret said this one time.

Here is a fave of mine, cooked up a batch last night.

Peel about 4-5 lbs of taters and cube
start em boiling
While they are boiling, cut about 7-8 thick slices of bacon in 1 inch
squares and start em frying in another pan.
cut up a medium yellow onion and dice, when bacon gets about 2/3 done,
throw in the onion to saute with the bacon
remove taters from heat when finished boiling. drain water.
remove bacon/onions and drain off grease
dump the onions and bacon in to the tater pan, add a can of corn, and about
3/4 of a stick of velveeta(cut up). put back on stove over low heat and add
milk to thin up, probably about 3 cups, maybe more i just do it by eye.
about 10 minutes on low heat and its ready, salt and pepper to taste.

this is one good soup, you should try it if you can............

It is highly exellent...and richer than three foot up a bulls coola. Will fill a threshing crew up fast with cornbread on the side. Not sure whut Paul got sulled up about for so long. He was a regular on here or somewhere similar. Somebody needs to clink his link to see where he went. His Daddy named either Le Roy or Lee Roy I forget now which.

The old Engrish teacher say I should grow up to be a technical writer. She say I could give the most info for the list amount of words of anybody she had ever seen. Not sure where that choo choo jumped the tracks. Intemperant life style perhaps. Who knows? Wow..it just dawned on me. She was the one who nagged because I could never think up enough words to write a long essay..so she learnt me to fill up the blank spaces with descriptive adjectives..pregnant participles..axioms..similes etc..in order to come out with the required 500 words. Funny how a person can figger some of this stuff out huh? I never did like school.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom