Smashburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Not really a copycat of any of their burgers just the technique it which they cook them. Got this idea of trying to make them from Greg form Ballistic BBQ. I don't have the smasher just used a press. It worked ok but the press I think would do a much better job. Here is his video.
Smashburger Recipe! - YouTube

1/2 lb. patties into a ball, butter is added to the flat surface.
img_255935_0_d4ee3c61fef7f4b9a61c2a885b582825.jpg

Cover them with parchment paper and smash them into a patty and hold for 10 to 15 seconds
img_255935_1_dad9ee1734620397ae7e542065b36093.jpg

Flip the burger over and the burger develops a nice crust.
img_255935_2_7b3368ac657339ac865cae427a2ecf42.jpg

Seasoned the cooked side with Weber's Gourmet Burger seasoning and black pepper, and cheese was added
img_255935_3_87451c7696ba586daa1a51c9de7a123a.jpg

Burger on a toasted bun with some horseradish mayo, grainy mustard, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, and pickled red jalapenos.
img_255935_4_bbeb80786d8cf8587b7eb2467a2104ba.jpg

Also served with some Claussen Hot and spice pickles and blue box mac and cheese. Best burger I have had since the last time I made burgers. :grin:
img_255935_5_89bb42a811a110074cf097a1df1d6a43.jpg

I didn't know you had a YouTube channel, but I subscribed today. Great looking cook, I haven't had a Smashburger but it looks delicious. Your uhs and ums are shorter than Larry's so for the drinking game take only half a drink. We should do a poll of all the fantastic posts you do for one of your future videos, you game?

Looks great from here. That's one thing I will definitely have this weekend for sure! I love burgers!!!!!

Looks mighty good. Now aside from obvious dramatic effects of piling up cast iron..wouldnt a little electric flapper George Foreman/pannini press type grill take some steps out of this arduous process? Correct my thinking here. Thanks.

Looks mighty good. Now aside from obvious dramatic effects of piling up cast iron..wouldnt a little electric flapper George Foreman/pannini press type grill take some steps out of this arduous process? Correct my thinking here. Thanks.

I used a carbon steel comal and not CI. I don't know if a George Foreman grill would get hot enough to develop a nice crust. I don't own one to give it a try. Pressing on a burger patty for 10 to 15 seconds is arduous??? I guess you could go to the drive thru to get your burger fix if its too hard on ya.;)

Thinking of getting the 3/16' stainless plate made for my Performer, not sure if it would too expensive or really worth it, but seems like a good idea. Any thoughts?

Wouldnt be an issue. Just have to grab the flapper gizmo from off the top of the ice box. It gets hotter than heck..lol. I wears socks 24/7 in the winter so aint not problemo to change em out occasionally. Dont need them in the summer of course.

The company I work for sells all the food to Smashburger.
They usually feed us for free :D.
I might have to try one next time I am there, they look good.

They opened a Smash burger place over near my house. Is it worth writing home about? I cloned the other famous burger joint by using thousand island dressing. I forget the name of it right now. A guy on here showed how to make em.

You might consider something like the one in the link below.
Little Griddle Kettle-Q KQ17R Round Griddle for Round Grills

Amazon.com: Little Griddle Kettle-Q KQ17R Round Griddle for Round Grills: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Or you could get a cast iron pizza pan for the same use.

Thanks for the tip T, didn't notice this until I had already been to the metal shop and ordered a 3/16" SS plate. I will have less in it than the Amazon one. I'll post some pictures once I give it a try.

Thanks for the tip T, didn't notice this until I had already been to the metal shop and ordered a 3/16" SS plate. I will have less in it than the Amazon one. I'll post some pictures once I give it a try.

Has anybody seen or used the Amazon one? I'm just wondering how big it is?

Buzz it was up north snowmobiling 2 weeks ago. Its beautiful this time of year up there :partyman:

I will ask around work and see what I can find out. I delv a few of the stores but never looked around, to find out how accurate that vidio is.
Gezz I went all around the map on this post didn't I ? lol

Last edited:
Wouldnt be an issue. Just have to grab the flapper gizmo from off the top of the ice box. It gets hotter than heck..lol. I wears socks 24/7 in the winter so aint not problemo to change em out occasionally. Dont need them in the summer of course.

Winter? Really? You don't have winters in Texas :p. Cold- yes.
When was the last time your tongue stuck to the swingset? :D

Well I watched the Darren McGavin movie so knew the tongue to cold metal was not a good plan. Actually my training started with metal ice trays since we do not allow cold weather as some smart person already noticed..lol. I seen some kids get bloody tongues on those ice trays. Okie transplants seems like.

Buzz I was up north snowmobiling 2 weeks ago. Its beautiful this time of year up there :partyman:

We went up to Mackinaw City for Winterfest, a couple weeks ago, great time and tasted some super chili at the cook-off. Had a great burger at the Keyhole Bar, if you have not been it is worth the drive!

We went up to Mackinaw City for Winterfest, a couple weeks ago, great time and tasted some super chili at the cook-off. Had a great burger at the Keyhole Bar, if you have not been it is worth the drive!

I seen your chili post. We were at St.Ignace (15 min) that same weekend. Didn't know anything about Winterfest. :rock:
Next time I will have check out the keyhole ;)

Back
Top Bottom