The Big Egg And The Big Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
The Big Egg And The Big Breakfast

Well this was the big egg one of my hens layed yesterday morning and I decided to cook it this morning.
img_255704_0_27d6eeb751eba67717a83741641c25cc.jpg

When I broke it open I was hoping to have a double yolk er but it was just a single. It did have a lot of egg white which was sort of runny like thinner than a regular egg white. It did taste fine but I decided to give it to one of the dogs. They love eggs!
img_255704_1_7c37e4117b35619d29e027ed523ad77c.jpg

The breakfast didn't end there though. First I squeezed four nice Blood Oranges using a dinky hand juicer. These four oranges made sixteen ounces of delicious orange juice.
This is an 18 oz glass!
img_255704_2_555ac77b2c528812ad4fccc45bccd24d.jpg

I went ahead and fixed myself two eggs over easy again with a warm buttered biscuit, banana slices and since there was only one small biscuit left I warmed, buttered it and poured a little cane syrup on it.
img_255704_3_e49dd13947b28ded5874f224c2864ed7.jpg

I've got to tell everyone this. If you EVER see Bain's Farms cane syrup anywhere grab a can or two. I got this straight from the sugarcane farm in Bunkie Louisiana. The farmer is a forum buddy and we exchanged some of my homemade BBQ rubs for his farm produced cane syrup. Steen's is good but this stuff is FANTASTIC!!!! I'll need to get some more of this stuff for sure.

Make that three..since N. Texas counts as yankeeland in some areas. Looks great. Never seen a long skinny egg like that..that I can recall anyway. Our double yokers tended to be fatter back in the old hen house days. You ever messed with duck eggs? Wowser you want a higher percentage of yeller they got it. Richer than 3' up a bulls coola as my daddy would say. Anybody who can eat two over easy is a good man..or lady..lol.

You might as well make breakfast for the whole forum, sounds like everyones coming over!! Save me a seat!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom