A Surprisingly Great Place To Get Rack Of Lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firefly1

Assistant Cook
I have been a member of Sam's Club for about a million years and always stayed away from the meat counter. I was a fan of the local butcher and that was that. Alas, the local guy closed up shop and I took a look at what Sam's had to offer. You probably know all about their beef and pork but I have never ever seen such gorgeous rack of lamb for sale in my entire life. It's the least expensive lamb anywhere in Cincinnati and consistently excellent. The medallions in the middle are lean and always cook up juicy.

The price of a similar rack of lamb (16 ribs) at Kroger was $90 at Christmas last year. I just thought about the $30 (for 16 ribs) at Sam's Club. No contest. It is frenched, trimmed beautifully, and the two packs they put out is enough to feed 4 well.

Lamb isn't as popular as beef and I mention this because someone might be interested in doing something different and Sam's lamb is really good. I love to put a home made rub on it and grill.

Yes, I hear that Costco is excellent. Alas, I don't have one as near me as Sam's BUT I am not complaining too loud. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom