What's cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
got a couple of flank steaks marinading for tomorrow. One will be for fajitas,
one is in a bourbon dijon marinade.

Also, gonna make some hot dog chili and grill a bunch of dogs to eat all weekend.

And cooking a pork loin for my neighbor.

Staying at home all weekend...we'll probably have 400 thousand visitors to Myrtle this weekend, unless Beryl forms and comes near us.

Two pork butts, just rubbed down and ready for an overnight cook.
One is rubbed with "Mystery Rub", which consists of the last of a batch of Wolfe Rub Original that wasn't enough for one butt, so I combined it with the remnants of several other rubs, and a few added ingredients, tasting as I went along. I hope it isn't too good, because there is no way I could ever duplicate it.

The second is rubbed with Bonnell's Texas Red Dirt - Southwestern Blend. From the name, I suspect it's intended more for brisket than pork, but I need to try it on something.

Larry D. said:
Two pork butts, just rubbed down and ready for an overnight cook.
One is rubbed with "Mystery Rub", which consists of the last of a batch of Wolfe Rub Original that wasn't enough for one butt, so I combined it with the remnants of several other rubs, and a few added ingredients, tasting as I went along. I hope it isn't too good, because there is no way I could ever duplicate it.

The second is rubbed with Bonnell's Texas Red Dirt - Southwestern Blend. From the name, I suspect it's intended more for brisket than pork, but I need to try it on something.

:LOL: I understand completely

Smoking salmon for my wife and I tonight. Chicken and sausage tomorrow. Gator pit is cruising along at 225 with nothing but hickory. Yep, neighbors are starting to drop by. Everyone have a great holiday!

Texas 1836 said:
Smoking salmon for my wife and I tonight. Chicken and sausage tomorrow. Gator pit is cruising along at 225 with nothing but hickory. Yep, neighbors are starting to drop by. Everyone have a great holiday!
I hope you have American salmon!

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

Texas 1836 said:
Gator! I would give my left pork butt cheek for one of those ;)

Captain Morgan said:
waiting on the review....my guess is the pork skins are gone by the time you get there
It was good as always. I took a few pictures, but don't know how to post from iPhone.

Get ya one MU. Been smoking on it about 5 years and don't need anything else. My gas grill is just a warmer now.

finally back home. Here are a few pictures from Scotts.

you know its gonna be good when you see this
img_249603_0_47bf8b727dce9ab8d418857c8823f5e4.jpg

Simple, but delicious, and yes Cappy, Still had skins
img_249603_1_bac0fb437e3bec9ffe180c8c8e6720b7.jpg

small part of the line waiting. Counted 32 folks come in and out while we ate our supper
img_249603_2_45619cd827ff0a848733a40869e89cfa.jpg

again, simply do one thing and do it right
img_249603_3_de09f7fb54f1908f2954d1d03ace7259.jpg

For you Cappy!!!!!!!!!! Saw this at the Wal Mart after supper. Glad it was after....
img_249603_4_6e61a1db9014d4d43830c8d541bfb7b2.jpg

I discovered that I was out of pulled pork in the freezer, so started four butts overnight on Saturday. Put them on at 8pm. It was 48* and drizzling when I got up Sunday. They were stuck at 165* for hours. They finally got done after 16 hours, and we had excellent sandwiches for dinner. I failed to take a lot of pics -- just enough to avoid the "no pics = no cook" rule.

[attachment=1:yxqqb3ab]pp1 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:yxqqb3ab]

[attachment=0:yxqqb3ab]pp2 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:yxqqb3ab]

Back
Top Bottom