Carroll Shelby RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Legendary American driver and manufacturer died Thursday at age 89. The first American to win the 24 hour race at Le Mans, and designer of the Shelby Cobra. He shoved a lot of Detroit motor in a little car. Some excitement is now gone from the American muscle car world. RIP Carroll.
Oh yeah, for bigwheel's sake, he was a Texan.

[attachment=0:2wor2j85]1967_shelby_cobra-pic-30251.jpg[/attachment:2wor2j85]

Deepest Condolences to Mr. Shelby's Family and Friends. Trusting Jesus welcomed him with open arms. One of my best pals loves his chili mix. I always liked Wick Fowlers best.

Great memories from Carroll Shelby.

We (my Dad and I) were in Daytona one year the week before the 24 hour race. Dad was working one of the corner turns in the infield. Mr. Shelby had entered his Cobra and was testing. I don't know why or how, but Mr. Shelby asked me if I would like to take a ride around the track. You know what I said, but my Dad was a little harder to convince. Later in the afternoon, with an empty track, Dad let me take that ride. Look out one side of the car, you see track. Look out the other side, you see sky. Awesome experience for a 14 year old, even though we probably never went much faster than 100 MPH.

RIP Mr. Shelby and thank you for that memory.

BOB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom