Weber Q200 Gasser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trekr

Senior Cook
Does anybody have any experience with these grills? I bought one last summer and installed a 20 lb tank via a hose that I bought at Home Depot. The grill does not seem to light like it should. I looked into the end of the hose that attaches to the regulator and it has what looks like a bicycle valve in there. I am going to try and install a regular small propane bottle to the unit and see if it lights better before I try anything else. If it lights with the small bottle, I might take a drill and remove the bicycle valve from the hose and see if that works better. Weber doesn't seem to recognize it as a problem.They sent me a new sparker last year and that didn't help. Hope you folks can help as this is a great little cooker
Thanks

I have a Q300 and have had a similar problem and when I put the small tank on it worked fine. I have not called customer service about it, seems when I monkey with the big tank I have gotten it to work, it is just temperamental. I have however had great success with Weber customer service, so I would encourage you to call them after you try the small tank. If I remember the line form the big tank to the grill is similar to the one on the Performer and they did replace a bad one of those for me.

I wonder if the valve is classified under government protection like the electric blankets that only get warm now. I might take my handy dandy drill and make it go away. I will try the small bottle first.

Thanks

We sure have a government that wants to protect us from everything actual or created.
Remember November

Back
Top Bottom