A little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bush's sweet beans goes with anything. Or have you ever heard of Pinto Beans? Not sure they allow them up in your neck of the woods. They supposed to make male chillins grow big muscles and the ladies to grow large bosoms. You must have had some back when you was a kid or something.

Always a hit, you need at least one sweet item, this will work as a salad but is almost dessert like.

Pretzel Salad • Yield: 12-16

Ingredients:
2 cups pretzels, crushed
1/2 cups sugar, white, to mix with pretzels
1 1/2 stick margarine, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar, white
8 ounces Cool Whip
1 package strawberry gelatin, lg. 6 oz. package
2 cups water, boiling
20 ounces strawberries, frozen (not whole)

Directions:
1. Lightly grease a 9" X 13" glass baking dish.
2. Mix crushed pretzels, ½ cup sugar and margarine.
3. Spread pretzel mixture in greased 9" X 13" inch baking dish, bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
4. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and whipped topping, spread over pretzel layer.
5. Dissolve gelatin in hot water and add strawberries and their juice to the gelatin.
6. Put in fridge and let set partially 1/2 - 1 hour.
7. Spread on top of cream layer and chill several hours or overnight.

Guess that is why I have gone so long without being banned or something. I can get along with good humored yankees. I can even play well with native Texicans..but it dont do much good because we all know what each other is talking about before we say it. lol. It's a Texas thing. Fact is I love everybody. Jesus done it..:)

bbquzz said:
Always a hit, you need at least one sweet item, this will work as a salad but is almost dessert like.

Ingredients:
2 cups pretzels, crushed
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar, white
8 ounces Cool Whip
2 cups water, boiling

Directions:
3. Spread pretzel mixture in greased 9" X 13" inch baking dish, bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
4. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and whipped topping, spread over pretzel layer.
5. Dissolve gelatin in hot water and add strawberries and their juice to the gelatin.

Buzz, how fine do you crush the pretzels?

I think I use stix or tiny twists, put in a zip lock and crunch, 1/8" pieces, you don't want them real fine. As I remember it takes 2 cups after crushing to cover a 9" X 13".

john pen said:
Nick Prochilo":12potxyj]Well I'm going to try the pretzel thing this weekend. But tonight I did make this one [url="http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13619 said:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13619[/url] tonight to have with dinner, and it's going to be a contender. I'm also going to make this one viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8275 this weekend as it sounds pretty tasty also.
Really ?????? No pic = no cook WTF !!![/quote:12potxyj]

EXACTLY!!!! There wasn't any cooking involved, just cut, dice and mix together!

bbquzz said:

Ingredients:
2 cups pretzels, crushed
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar, white
8 ounces Cool Whip
2 cups water, boiling

Directions:

Ok Buzz, I made this last night! Definitely NOT a salad but definitely a dessert! It was fantastic, a keeper for sure!

img_246308_0_0bc6409ae55fd7fd41cf36af99fdc995.jpg

Yum yum. Now I had to go a medical call one time where an elderly lady was puking up green jello salad. I am glad yall chose red. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom