Ribs for Bill the Grill Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
plus Emeril's apple/chicken sausages

Taking em up to Ocean Isle this afternoon...his family is here on vacation.
Went on at noon with cherry/hickory.

yep but not on the smoker before. They're pre cooked, so I don't know how much flavor they'll pick up, but I love em..also the jala pepper kind, I don't really compare them to brats, but they're just as good while different.

It's lunch time here. You're killin me! =P~ Guess I'll race home and grill me a brot on the ol' George Foreman.

Hmm I guess in a hurry that would be a good way to heat one up real quick! I've finally found a use for that thing besides pannini!

Cap...did you have to trim those racks to get them to fit as a whole slab on the WSM? If not, it looks like you could get 4 or 5 slabs on there no sweat! =D>

Hey Cap....

That guy down there bumming off you AGAIN... Tell ol Bill that I said he needs to quit moochin off you and learn to cook ribs on his own. :grin:

Tell Bill, Kathy and the girls I said Hi and that they missed a good dinner last weekend.... Stuffed Fillet Mignon....

Gary

twaaaaas goooood... stuffed with a spinach and gorgonzola stuffing with a gorgonzola cream sauce.

Just let me know when you will be here... Now is the time.. Costco had whole fillet for 7.99/ lb... I tossed her on the smoker for about an hour and then finished her on the grill.. Had just a hint of smoke flavor... dang.. now I am gittin hongry just thinkin bout it

Well they're out of the foil...these are some of the "enhanced" ribs I bought last month..I can already smell ham. :tant: :tant: :tant: :tant: :vent: :vent:

Anyway, one's getting the traditional sauce, and one's getting the Texas Pepper jelly apple jala pep treatment. Putting Sonny's sauce on the
sausages too. They're quietly napping in my new pizza delivery bag i got at Sam's today for 9 bucks...and that's where the ribs will be for the hour ride to Ocean Isle.

Back in the smoke before saucing...

O gosh....I just basted one rack with Sonny's, one rack with the Apple jap pepper jelly, and like any good q'er on my way back in, stuck the baste brush in my mouth. WHAT A COMBINATION!! I just made my new favorite bbq sauce! The flavor of the molasses/apple wit da pepper heat just cured my cold! Seriously good!!!!!!!!!!!

I love these type of discoveries!!

well the ribs sucked. Undercooked. Thought if I took em close, wrapped em in foil and drove em in the pizza bag for an hour they'd finish up. They didn't. Edible, but not good. The good news is I left with about 15 pounds of food! Damn good beans, pasta salad, deviled eggs, home grown jala pepps, and more!

pics..

Back
Top Bottom