Thanksgiving in Virginia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving as we surely did. I did what I always do for Thanksgiving, go to Moms for the best meal of the year. Not that she has bad meals the rest of the year but this is our family favorite holiday and the weather was perfect. :)

The Bird!
IMG_6433.jpg

The Spread!
IMG_6434.jpg

Cut up and ready.
IMG_6442.jpg

The Plate
IMG_6444.jpg

I hate coming home but can't wait to get back. Next stop Christmas.

Looks great Brian. Glad yall had a nice Holiday. Now did somebody use Alton Browns tinfoil breastes shield on that turkey? Taking a wild guess it was sheltered in some way:)

I thought that I'd had enough turkey for a while, but those pictures made he head for the 'fridge to look for some to make a sandwich. None. :( Guess I'll have to just keep on looking at these. :| :? ;)

Enjoy going to "Mom's" as long as you can! And be sure to tell her how much you enjoy it.

BOB

I wanted to make the cranberries this year but Mom has her recipes and I basically watch and have some cocktails. One of my favorite left over recipes is a sandwich with a layer of cream cheese, layer of cranberries and a layer of turkey.

Bigwheel she used an electric roaster. She just moved to VA from KY and her new oven was to small for everything. I was skeptical, especially since she could not quit opening it to check it. It did a fine job as the bird was moist and fell apart. Hopefully next year I can make dinner in VA and cook one outside for her and let her take it easy. :)

Nice looking spread! I had 58 happy people eating "Yummy Chicken" rubbed and smoked turkey breasteses Thanksgiving day. Thanks for your help!!!!!! Have enough rub leftover for Christmas fundraiser too. Thanks again Bryan!

Back
Top Bottom