frozen butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
My butts that are supposed to go in the wsm at 0400hrs are still frozen solid. They might be ok in six hours, but if not any suggestions?

No. The meat is still in the cryovac isn't it?

If they're almost thawed at cooking time (just a little ice left in the center) you can go ahead and start cooking/smoking anyway. It might add a little more time, but it'll work. Might be a problem with injecting, though. :?

BOB

No they are not... they are thawing pretty good though. I should be ok... for the future they should still be pakaged to thaw them in water?

That's just the way I have always one it. That way, I don't have to worry about whether my sink was clean enough, or if I'd rinsed all of the soap out of it. :oops: :oops:

Good luck with it. Eat well.

BOB
and you know the picture drill... :P

Well hope the project was brought to a successful culmination. I guess we will all be dead of old age by the time we get the glad tidings.

Cooked two...the small one came good... the larger on was prob the best I've ever done. Ill have pic for proof within 24 hours..

Post subject: Re: frozen buttsPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30 pm

BBQ CENTRALITE

Cooked two...the small one came good... the larger on was prob the best I've ever done. Ill have pic for proof within 24 hours..

John Penn, Forget how to tell time? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

john pen said:
No pics needed. I believe you.

Dittos Puff..you just have to trust your pals sometimes. Now most time they slit your throat of course but sometimes a person can be pleasantly surprised. I trust John too. If he tells me a mouse can pull a house I would just hook him up. No additional inquiry needed if you get my drift. We dont need no steenken pictures.

Maybe I shoulda lived my youthful days in Texas. I never, not once found a cop who would believe anything that I said without me proving it.

BOB
PS I kinda like that picture of the frozen butt. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom