Need Advice from the Brethren. Nick, Larry, Tri-Tip..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

californiagrillin

Senior Cook
I've been asked to assist in a Fundraiser BBQ for a Fallen Firefighter here in Los Angeles. My brother is a Fireman and has voluntered to cook for the fundraiser which is slated for 500 people, including the Mayor. He's asked me to assist in the cooking of 100lbs of pork spareribs while he tends to the chicken and short ribs. My only concern is, that we will not have the means or the time to slow cook these ribs. We are being provided with a huge grill, called a M.O.A.B. (Mother Of All BBQ's) that the fire department uses for such events. All gas, no charcoal. I've never cooked ribs over direct heat. Any advice, suggestions and / or techniques would greatly be appreciated. Thank You!

Slow cook them ahead of time. I've done the 5 hour method, 3 in smoke, 1 1/2 in foil and 1/2 hour on grill to set glaze. Just do 3 in smoke, 1 1/2 in foil and freeze them or refrigerate (3 days max). Freezer method can last a year or more if you shrink wrap. Day of event, sauce them up and grill. You will reheat and set the glaze at the same time. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom